Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Push Button Start

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    if your going to run heavy surf ballast, move the prop upgrade to the top of the list, personally I'd get a Acme, think its a 1235 or something like that but give the guys at acme a call and see what they say
    Yep that's the plan...after the ballast upgrade the prop is right behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

ok, good to hear its next in line as i think you will be disapointed in the performance when running heavy with the standard prop, i know your boats drivetrain will thank you too.

threadjack over for now, back to the pushbutton start
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Just a thought on the ones with Newer Supras, and Now Moomba's

Supra has had this for the last few years, and im not positive if it started with 12 but i know its in the 13 Mojo and thats 1 second start.

What i mean is, you dont actaully turn and hold the key anymore to start the boat.

You just turn it to start it and instantly let go. The boat will then crank and start its self.

This is very simular to push start so you may or may not need all the parts in the kit.

I first noticed this option on Brad Webb boat, then on the SA and also on the 13 Mojo. I find it very cool but then again i dont see the need for a push start button. I think its just another component in the starting chain to fail
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

hummmm, went to order this last night and it is gone from their website, not trace of it???
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Looks like he's stopped fulfilling orders until he can change some functionality. Here's another option I looked at a while back, but never got around to installing. Gives you some security (either from theft, or from accidental starts) with the code.

If you have to punch in the code every time it would drive me nuts. I probably restart 12-20 times a day.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It works just like the Malibu system, you enter the code to "unlock" the ignition, and then you can go back and forth between ignition on and run as often as you want with one button.

Thanks, Jason. Good to hear.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We used that system on the boats at a ski school I worked at where you're constantly starting and stopping the engine. It worked pretty well.

So my ignition switch failed on my last weekend and instead of putting in another key switch, decided to try out push button start. Here is what it looks like, haven't used it heavily yet so not sure how long it will last, but giving it a shot. Longest part of the job was waiting for the parts to come in. I decided not to worry about the theft part of it, as many said, takes but a few min to defeat the key switch, and I store my boat in my garage anyway.

2013-08-02 16.41.40.jpg

2013-08-02 16.41.23.jpg
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries