Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Weight Loss -- What works? And- Post your current weight/goals/progress- inspire!

Along with the New Year's thing and many of us thinking about boarding shape for the upcoming season I see a few others contemplating some weight loss attempts. So, what has worked for you or others you know in the past? What is your plan? What is your goal? Dare to post your current weight and your goal weight and give progress updates.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

simple stuff so far-started last spring actually.
    one beer everyother night -hardest so far-lol
    stopped eating a big dinner-much smaller portions or would skip dinner all together and have a cheese stick and some toast
    started having 2 slices of toast for breakfast and a couple eggs
    lunch--try to stick with getting a small hamburger vrs the bigmac or whopper.
    started walking at night with the wife--its really hit or miss we just try for everynight and if the kid needs help with the homework we dont walk-school first

when I started I was at 205lbs and felt crappy about everything
    last summer I got down to about 180
    this winter Im up to 190
    shooting for 175 by july

this year we got hybreed bikes and are trying to ride about 7 miles everynight-again its hit or miss but we try

trying to get rid of all the "comfort food" in the house and not rebuy it, cause if its there we eat it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

If u are somewhat athletic get yourself the insanity workout or p90x . I always do one or the other to start the new year. Always shed about 20-30 pounds and get some tone before summer..

In my opinion nothing beats exercise.

kicked soda today
    started drinking water-really like kiwi/strawberry propel
    beer-only light-one day a week
    started on the elliptical today. should be up to 20 minutes a session by the end of next week(letting it adjust the incline) and will do 4x/wk by then.

208 currently and hoping for 190. anything below that will be a bonus
    not a lot to lose, but amazing how they can creep up on ya when you get lazy and drink a lot...

my office passed a new rule a while back that bans food at your desk, so that will help.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    In my opinion nothing beats exercise.
    I agree, diet is just part of the foundation. I'm fortunate that my family has a fast metabolism so at 40yrs old I can eat what I want and how much I want without putting on bulging fat. With that said I still go to the gym 4-5 days per week, eat reasonably, and include 2-3 Body Pump classes. Treadmills and stationary bikes are very boring with most seeing minimal results. I've seen some really overweight people in body pump classes have fantastic results and the beauty is...you do what you can as long as you try the entire class...just keep trying it'll get easier and you can work harder as you lose weight, strengthen, and tone. So many people say they want to lose weight or just tone and add a little more muscle. I'm in no way a trainer or some hardcore body builder but what I've seen with Body Pump classes and the results in overweight people is great. A big part of Body Pump is about strengthening your core so you will see those results in 2-3 weeks. If your gym doesn't have Body Pump classes...they should.

I made sure that I bought a boat with enough horsepower to pull me at any weight. I can just about get as big as I want and that boat is going to pull me. Now I have found that with a little weight on me that my wakeboarding edging throws out quite a huge spray. Just some things to consider here. My 2 cent
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Hit the gym three to four times a week. Cardio ob the amt or run plus light weight high rep station training. Love to cut back on beer. My nemisis. Maybe go ultra light. The micro brewery down the street is great but high carbs high calories. 215 like to be 185. I should start running again. Only way i have ever loat real weight but i hate it. I have p90x my teenage girls use it. I have yet to fire it up over the last year. Not really a new years resolution cuz i dont do them. This ia something i have been off and on again depending on work and family committments.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Watch what you eat and exercise. It's really as simple as that. Live that way every day and it becomes a part of your lifestyle.
    Been working out 4-5 times a week and eating 4-6 times a day for over 20 years. Sometimes I'm really good at it, sometimes I'm not.
    But I can eat whatever I want typically and then just get back into the routine. Just eat less at each sitting (smaller portions) and eat more often. Best way to describe it is to "eat like an Elk" or "eat like a bear". Which one is more lean?

When I was in the best shape about 10 years ago before getting married I was going to the gym 6 days a week and eating 6 times a day. You can really put the food down and not gain FAT.
    Metabolism has slowed as I get older but still in pretty good shape. Still going to the gym and doing P90X on days I don't make it.

Work out in the mornings on empty stomach will speed up your metabolism.
    Eating smaller portions more often will speed it up also.
    Really...........most of losing weight and keeping it off is what you feed your body and building muscle mass is the exercise. 70/30 if I had to break it out.

FWIW - that's my story

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

24 year old male 6 ft tall 201 lbs as of this afternoon but that was with like 3 layers of clothing on (rig is freezing). i would like to be 180 again. My problem is I can't do cardio, mentally i cant do it. I hate it, bikes, treadmills elipticals ect. i HATE them. now if i could just play and hour of a football a day i would be good to go! i do weights regularly so i may just walk laps around the rig. I am cutting back on deserts a work (i usually eat 2-3 cookies after every meal, they are free and there, i cant help it) and coke (usually drink 6 or so a day). I have cut coke cold turkey for 2 months before and going from 6 a day to 0 a day yielded 0 results in my weight. now i just need to get off the couch when i am home on days off. i blame my girl friends work schedule for that!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

You should add high intensity interval training to you weight training. Walking around the rig is better than nothing but it's almost nothing. I know you have plenty of stairs around there you can use.