Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenwood 700u

Default Kenwood 700u

Alright guys I got a Kenwood 700u for Christmas and I'm going to order some remotes for it. Does anybody know if I can do a transom and drivers remote both with the led displays?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

iirc, the hu will support up to 3. They have to have a unique address(like an ip) that the deck assigns. seems that there was a special "y" cable needed to support more than one tho.
    there is only one remote that will work with that unit. the old style do not.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

That's what I thought I just wanted to make sure. Does anybody have any installed pictures?
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I think Mandley is running that source unit with both driver side and transom remotes. Not sure where to find his install pics on here though....

Good head units. I like!

-Brian
    Exile

Brian do you have the remotes and y cable?
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

new, don't know how to access the stuff prior to the forum upgrade as I had a thread showing the install of my system, but here are a couple of shots of the deck installed in my supra. the dash install isn't really up to what I would like, but it worked in a pinch(was going through a divorce and had to get the boat out of the garage to sell the house, so I did the best I could at the time, and haven't found the time to clean up the trimring yet).. this was all installed over the factory kenwood deck/remote from '06. had to enlarge some of the holes in the transom to get the remote to fit. the 2 bolts that hold the old kenwood remote on are a little different spacing than the new remote...
    overall, it's an awesome deck if you don't mind losing cd play. had a few people bitch about not being able to bring their own cd's, but I really like it..

check david with earmark for the install stuff, or ebay. that's where I got mine from..

Thanks SandM I am really considering relocating mine to the drivers side so i don't have to buy another remote.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

with a cd-driven deck, I would agree with you, but I have found with this one, that once you load a usb/ipod with a days-worth of music, you really don't ever use any controls that the remotes won't run. if I was running your system, I would recommend spending the $100 for an additional remote and just leaving the deck inplace. the extra money/time you will be out running rca's/wiring all over the boat would defeat half the cost of a new remote at the least

good luck. you will really like the versatility of this unit. tons of settings..

oh ya, one final note... go pack!!!!

well I just put one of these beautiful bad boys in my little floating love!!!

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg
    CBAarestad

2004 Mobius LSV