Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help an idiot

Hey, you are from Dallas, tempt you with your weight in beer and Little Cesars Pizza to come help? Or do you not touch other makers stuff?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Hey, you are from Dallas, tempt you with your weight in beer and Little Cesars Pizza to come help? Or do you not touch other makers stuff?
    Ha, if this were the case I'd be at his shop with a keg and a couple pizza's of his choice next weekend!

David does make a good point, though. There are alot of different patterns and colors available in duct tape. It also may hold up to the elements better. Tough call but def needs some pics when complete.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 01-12-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Jack arses... I have done a search, but not finding much in the way of hiding the wires.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Jack arses... I have done a search, but not finding much in the way of hiding the wires.
    if you amp behind the left observer seat? you should be able to see a spot in there with two or three bolts sticking through that line up with your tower leg. drill a hole up into there making sure that you are in fact going inside the tower. next you can need to decide if you want your speakers on the front bar or the rear bar. the front bar is much better for hiding wires but if you have a z5 i dont think they will fit and you will need to go with the rear bar. find out where you want the speakers, mark it with something that can come off easily, then drill your holes according to how the speakers are designed. get alot of zip ties and some electrical tape and and make a long snaking device and fish it from top to bottom or bottom to top. once it is fished attach your wires to one end and pull it through. go slow and be careful, to me this was the more frustrating part of the install
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Cool... ok, that was my biggest question was going from inside the tower to inside where the amp was. I have piano wire I am going to use to fish the wires. Thank you!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

It pains me to get serious for a moment today but here goes...
    When you drill through the deck cap into the base/foot of the 2.375" tower (provided the hole doesn't already exist) try and anticipate the angle and place a stop on your drill bit to limit the penetration depth. Use full-coverage goggles and a basic breathing mask. Fiberglass dust is nasty stuff. A little baby powder on your hands and forearms in advance will help eliminate any fiberglass irritation. Initially rinse off with cold water only.
    Look at our site installation gallery for a few examples of how to make up external service loops (at the midway hinge point and from the tower to speaker if it applies with your speakers) with flexloom and heatshrink. If you want to transfer the harness from the front to the rear tower then I have an easy and concealed procedure for that.

David
    Earmark Marine

BTW, the best pizza in the world is Marion's Pizza in Dayton Ohio.

A little baby powder on your hands and forearms in advance will help eliminate any fiberglass irritation.
    Wish I would have seen that about 3 years ago...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Yea, me too before I rotozipped the cooler out. I'm still coughing up little pieces of fiberglass but the itching stopped a few months later.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

done!!!! was not easy hiding the wires... but it looks great! i think it is time for a more powerful amp though. it all sounds good but the stock amp is under powered i think.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

pics or it didn't happen
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...