Thread: relocating deck

Default relocating deck

Anyone ever relocate their deck? I've got an outback, and other than it is well protected, the deck across from the driver is so not convienient. to say nothing of when the remotes don't work, which is about half the time Why can't I have it down by my knees like most boats, (and my last one)? I guess if I'm going to do this, I need to know a few things. 1. Is there a premade block off plate that I could put for the glove box that would look at least nice? Also, what would be the most factory looking way to mount it in/under the dash with a nice solid bracket, ect? I dunno if I'm going to do this or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there. Anyone get their remotes to work reliably with the stock Kenwood deck?
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

When I bought my boat previous owners put a clarion in it. I yanked it and put in a Kenwwod Excelon series and added a remote. The newer Kenwood remotes are pretty reliable and have all controls to run you system. Maybe you should look at a new remote instead of moving it. If its time for an upgrade maybe a newer stereo. Probably nothing wrong with you stock Kenwood, but you can get so many more features on a step up form stock. My Kenwood remote if I remember right was like $70 bucks.
    I would worry what it will look like by your knees, Seen alot of shoddy installs that dont look so well there. Good luck on whatever you decide.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Leave it over there and get one of these--- Ipod plugs directly into it and you will have total control -- Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

http://www.bulletlines.com/Krypt-KMA...-EQ-p/4555.htm

They go on sale for 99 or even 79 every now and then.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Look at the Kenwood 700U. leave the deck in the glovebox and put the remote over on the driver side. The remote has 3 lines of display and is very user friendly. You truley have full control. The remote actually has more control over the deck than deck does.
    It has full Ipod control with info displayed on the remote. Way cool unit. One of the best things I did to my boat.

PWI as usual...

man, I can't afford that atm... Wish I could... so is there just a remote volume control I can hardwire in to the stock Kenwood deck? I guess I could get a cheap EQ.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

Look on the back of stereo. Is there a round 9 pin for a plug in? If there is you can buy another remote to fit your stereo OR Get the model number, go to Kenwood.com. Look up your stereo to see if there is a stereo control for it. You can even call them with the model number and ask.

They go on sale for 99 or even 79 every now and then.
    you may have to wait a bit to catch the Krypt EQ on sale.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

I have a Clarion HU with wired remote that has a LCD display. It works all of the time, hard to believe you can't find a better remote.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier