Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I figured that's how you had it rigged up. That's how I've tested speakers in the past. Guess I was hoping there was an easy way to plug an amp in. Sounds like there is an it's expensive. awww well.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

HPIM3387.jpg

Just for fun.

Damn you guys with too much time and money!

Nice setups everyone though.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Now keep in mind that Phil purchased his enclosures.
    I sat in a rockin' chair on my porch along side my red bone coon dog, chewin' and whittled my enclosures with a pocket knife out of a solid block of cherry wood.

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Now keep in mind that Phil purchased his enclosures.
    I sat in a rockin' chair on my porch along side my red bone coon dog, chewin' and whittled my enclosures with a pocket knife out of a solid block of cherry wood.
    Heh heh heh... I still had to mill out the holes in the cabinet baffles... I used a router.

Actually I was thinking Phils enclosures are damn nice looking coming out of "parts express"? Really? haha cool!

And bravo to everyones setups! I have to say, I put away all My Mac home gear when my twin boys turned age 1. Two years later, the whole home theater still remains in the attic. (sigh).

-Brian

Unhappy A

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Actually I was thinking Phils enclosures are damn nice looking coming out of "parts express"? Really? haha cool!

And bravo to everyones setups! I have to say, I put away all My Mac home gear when my twin boys turned age 1. Two years later, the whole home theater still remains in the attic. (sigh).

-Brian

For those unfamiliar with Parts Express, it is a great place to go search for bargains, search for real cool tweak audio stuff, or go get replacement parts or even get your old good-sounding vintage speakers re-coned.

If you want to build a single-ended triode vacuum tube amplifier or a more efficient pentode push-pull amp you can buy the plans, parts and or kits to make it real. Parts Express is what Radio Shack used to be, specifically a place to go buy parts to build something... To check them out, consider building something you want/need. They have a great DIY home speaker section complete with kits.

Brian laughs, but it is a neat place to go indulge your audio fantasies. You want to replicate my build? Post up and I will guide you

Phil
    Kicker

I agree with you Phil, they really are the radioshack of the new. I used to call on them (and wholesale house) in my past life at PG. Seemed like every time I'd go there, they would double in size. But there offerings have gotten better and better. As for my audio fantasies, they are put on hold until the kids get out of the strike zone ages -- safe and sound in the attic. Great speakers you built! -Brian