Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Creative Speaker use?

Since its off season, I figured you all can have a laugh with me...

I always get guys suggesting that Exile make some type of mount system so that the speakers could be transferred from one location to the next--- like a boat to a garage and be reused. We'll I can't say that we've come out with a product like that but it did inspire me to make a wall mount system for my office

thought I'd post up a few pics of my new digs. We've moved to a new location and did some build outs of the office space. I'm proud to say the walls are up, wired for sound and the offices are sporting marine audio systems. Check it out...

My office-- don't mind my half eaten lunch on my desk

Every office needs rack mounted surfboards eh?

One of the designers office

Figured you'd all get a chuckle or two.... Now where to mount the next surfboards arriving next week. Gotta think about that!

-Brian

wheres the sub??

Like the creativity
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

The sub you say.. oh come on those towers play down to 20 hz right? (cough cough).

Well the sub is going to be a part II. see that big black box in the right lower part of the picture? Thats an enclosure I built about 10 years ago for a ces display that never got used. That damn thing weighs probably 100 lbs, ok maybe 80lbs. The enclosure is so overbuilt its crazy. So when I have a moment, I'll drop a 12 in each of them. (I've 2). I'll post up some pics in a week or so...hehe!

-Brian

I LOVE IT!!! Very cool looking!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Thats awesome Brian. I have the first set of tower speakers I made hanging in my garage for tunes.

PWI as usual...

I like it..very cool idea.
    89' Comp Resto:
    http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=8193

Riding and Mod pic's:
    http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=86

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-PPI Amps 1750 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Are those speakers powered with an amp? I have a couple amps and speakers laying around and I've always wondered if there is an easy way to plug and amp into a 110 outlet.

Nice addition, I wouldn't mind having some tower speakers in the office!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Newty Post up some garage pics. Figured this thread might stir up some creative pics.

@ KG; all of those offices are powered by separate zone control and connected to basically a home theater system. You could use your 12V amplifier in this way but you'd have to hook it up to a power supply. And that power supply wold probably cost as much as the amp itself. not to cost effective to spend more money to use the stuff you already got.

Happy holidays everyone

-Brian

On the topic of creative speaker use....

I as well as several of our engineers are real audio tweaks... I want to show my latest home/studio speakers, as well as one of our Acoustic Engineer's totally over-the top use of some of our gear.

First couple of pics are of my recording studio/home theater monitors. These are built from our tower horn components as the 6-pack. The cabinets are from Parts Express, (Curved 1.0 cu. ft. Cherry) as are the terminals and the flared port kit. I am running them off of 4 channels of an Adcom GFA7000 home theater amp in my living room at the moment. The amp is rated at 130 RMS into 8-ohms but I am showing 4-ohms to each channel so I am probably getting more like 175 out of the amp per channel. 350 wats a side, into a set of speakers that were designed to be ultra-effecient from the get-go... Yes, it can get QUITE loud.

Here are the pics. Enjoy!

Phil
    Kicker
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by philwsailz; 12-22-2011 at 01:54 PM.

The second set of pics show what you can do if you really do own and wear a beanie hat with a propeller on top. Our acoustic engineer who did much of the design work on these horns has built an over-the-top home theater system using the horn componenet for all 5, (or 7?) channels of his home theater. The included images show his front left and front right pair... The cabinets are his design and he buil them and then had them sanded, filled, primed and sprayed with what is I think a base/clear automotive finish. Despite having a pair of 12's in each cabinet, know that he is still working on building the subwoofer to go with these.... I would be concerned about foundation cracking personally but hey...

I have no clue what he has connected to these in the way of power amps, but I am guessing I would not want to pay his electric bill

Enjoy!

Phil
    Kicker
    Attached Images Attached Images