A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'll take the work out of it for ya
    http://www.earmarkmarine.com/set8/large/SR2-C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Berg,
    Sure, stop in the next time you're in the neighborhood.
    You can see examples of the S.S. deck glands on a Sea Ray 200 Select or perhaps a Yamaha 212X within our installation gallery.
    David
    Earmark Marine

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Ah, thanks, I see said the blind man. In that one it looks like a combo setup where you unscrew the cap and then pull it out a little to unplug? That would be nice and clean - better than my drawing...

Uh, I was serious about the 4,000 miles round trip. Last time I was in TX was about a year and a half ago, Dripping Springs area just outside of Austin. Would love to come down again though!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Last time i did an install on the smaller diameter towers like yours Berg, i ran the cable out the front of the tower tube, then right into the hull. It had the plastic wrap on the wire and looks really clean and simple. No plugs to mess with, no breaks in the wires to ever go bad.

Yea it was for an Exile system on an 05 Moomba lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well since I've already got a hole in the hull there I'm going to stick with that location. Plus I could see the need to remove the whole tower again in the future during winter storage. I'm thinking that Deutsch style plug will work for me and tucking it under the screw down cap would clean things up. I think after breaking it once I won't make that mistake again. If anything I will forget to plug them in like I've done in the past, get out on the water and wonder why the stereo seems quiet- LOL

I hear ya man just saying what i did lol. I guess another option i would go with is forget the plug all together. Run the wire threw the ull the same keep it clean looking then build a small plug panel on the inside out of site. Then when or if you needed reach in there unplug each wire as needed and pull them out of the hull. IDK im just about the clean lines look and not seeing plugs on the boat. I know you gotta do what ya gotta do man lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Berg,
    FWIW, you can get the replacement neutrik connectors at PartsExpress for pretty cheap compared to the kit through Bulletlines if that's all you need.
    I went that route and really don't even notice it when you're out on the water using it. Easy quick disconnect if ever need to pull it. Solid connection and no problems in 2 seasons. Think it looks better than the OEM deutsch plug that is mounted the same way on the outside by the factory.

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Hey Viking - ever had any luck taking apart one of the newer style Neutrik connectors? I went with this one:

http://www.neutrik.com/en/speakon/spx-series/nl4frx

Downside is I was monkeying around with it, assembled it with no wire in it to see how it should work, now I can't get the damned thing back apart... The body where it crimps down on the wire is what I need to get apart, not the 90 degree part where it goes into the port.

Cranking on it with a set of pliers is just tearing up the plastic. Sucker is tight!

Never had to mess with the 90 style but yeah - I've pulled the ones I have apart no problem.
    I bought 2 different straight styles. One has brushed metal release buttons and the other is black but pretty much the same otherwise. I really don't mess with them now that it's installed on the boat.

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Yeah - my old straight plug comes apart easy. This new "3rd generation" or whatever has proven to be a different story. It clamped down so tight that it wasn't coming apart without serious collateral damage. You could hear it clicking as it ratcheted down and the teeth inside were grabbing. $5 mistake. New one ordered and on the way - waiting on shipping is the pain. This time I'll get the wires in place first now that I "see how it works"... urgh