Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GoPro Camera

I would love to see more posts of pictures from people have GoPros...If anyone else has any.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_8099 View Post
    I would love to see more posts of pictures from people have GoPros...If anyone else has any.
    on FB there is a GoPro thing you can like or be a member of and you get daily shots from real people with GoPro using them in sports of all kinds
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Do you guys use the GoPro just for action/water sports and have another video camera for Christmas morning, everyday around the house, family trips etc?

Needing a video camera in the worst way, but need one that does all of the above. Don't really mind buying two, but if the GoPro will do both then thats what I will purchase.
    Then you don't want a GoPro. I bought a Sony TSX-10 at the suggestion of someone on here, its a digital still camera, as well as HD video, and it is AWESOME; I've considered making a wakeboard mount for it as well.

The GoPro is cool, but pretty limited in what it can do. Its super wide angle lens makes people look funny, lack of zoom, and 3 button operation is cumbersome. For anything other than actionsports, I wouldn't reccomend it.
    2013 Outback V

Ian, what kind of mount did you use on your board and on that ski? If I don't get a GP2 for Christmas, I'm buying it for myself, and was curious if the surfboard mount was needed for wakeboard/surfboard/ski type of use. Of, if something like the suction cup would hold. I have heard it does, but I am curious.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

IDK about Go Pro making people look funky, i think that might be in the settings, i have watched a ton of Go Pro stuff and people look pretty normal there. Its designed as an On Off camera. You turn it on and do your sport and then turn it off when your done. Then you video edit it to suit what you want to save.

We bought the D5100 to take still shots and any video on land we want and bought the Go Pro for the boat. The best thing about the Go Pro is its 1080 HD wide angle, and has a decent size memory. Ohh yea its water proof lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Here's a vid I took yesterday, skiing at Mt Hood in Oregon using a chest mount harness. This is the 960P version. Pretty icy up there and lots of bare spots still. They need more snow in a bad way. Sorry that the video subject matter is off topic

http://youtu.be/tfUa7wRqz1c
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al How dare you. Just going off topic like this. Well i guess snow and ice make water and water is used to fill up the lakes. Good video. I was waiting for a good crash so you can really show off the case but I will be able to record some of them.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I had the 1080P version for a year and just sold it and got the HD Hero2. The new Hero 2 has a clearer picture and better colors then previous models and also works better in lower light (the only major complaint of the older Go pros). It can also do stills at 11mp at 10fps. It can aslo film at 120fps in DVD res which makes for awesome slo mo shots. Can't wait to use it this summer. here are a few quicks shots from it of my kids snowboards. my son is 3.5 and daughter is 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGor...1&feature=plcp

Overall i love these little cameras and it's fun to strap them onto a board or helmet. Got the chest mount now too for next summer.

This is a pic of our zipline we made while houseboating taken with my orginal go pro. Note the Moomba and the Spider!
    GOPR1569.jpg
    Last edited by 501; 12-22-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Ian, what kind of mount did you use on your board and on that ski? If I don't get a GP2 for Christmas, I'm buying it for myself, and was curious if the surfboard mount was needed for wakeboard/surfboard/ski type of use. Of, if something like the suction cup would hold. I have heard it does, but I am curious.
    I just use the provided sticky mounts and a leash. They are fairly strong, but ive had one pop off the wakeboard once, hence the leash.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I ended up with the Kodak Playsport bc I wanted one that could do both. Are you stuck with the wide angled lense for gopro or can you switch? I think that is the only issue you would have using the gopro for both.
    Just picked one up online I found for $100 with free shipping. Can't imagine shooting everything with a wide angle.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden