Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GoPro Camera

That sucks Artie, I don't see how it could break - when I bought mine it was packaged hardcore.

Some fun pics I've taken;

My friend Amy, right before a fall with the handle mount;

Amy again, board mount;

Me, board mount;

Dad, on my ski;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (61.9 KB, 133 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (47.5 KB, 132 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (47.7 KB, 132 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (40.4 KB, 135 views)
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    That sucks Artie, I don't see how it could break - when I bought mine it was packaged hardcore.
    Ian, I must be just out of it this week or slow on the uptake. I just got it.. LOL
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

People, cut it out. We're going to Hawaii in a month and one of the kids is coming. I just bought stuff from Dusty and Kyle. This camera would get some great pictures of me and the kid surfing. Looks like I gotta check the bank account. I guess you can't take it with you.

I was saving up for perfect pass next summer, but if I keep looking at the forums I'll never get it.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Ron,
    Go Pro now Perfect pass in four months. Win Win. I took my go pro with me to Hawaii and went all over with it. I did not take it diving since i just got it when i went but now i would since it works great. Somthing back then about taking it 60 feet down even with knowing it is rated for 120 feet. Only thing i would do is before you open it being in salt water is to do a fresh water wash then let it dry.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Ron,
    Go Pro now Perfect pass in four months. Only thing i would do is before you open it being in salt water is to do a fresh water wash then let it dry.
    1. Unfortunately my play money doesn't add up that quickly. But I'll probably be getting the camera before we go, and get a loan if I have to for PP. Can't put it in until spring anyway. Probably last time son will be with us on a vacation. He's already looking at moving out on his own.
    2. We've already got another compact underwater camera, and did exactly what you said before salt water exposure. In addition, after every exposure we immerse the camera in a sink filled with fresh water for about 15 minutes, to clean it out as much as possible

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Ron,
    Go Pro now Perfect pass in four months. Only thing i would do is before you open it being in salt water is to do a fresh water wash then let it dry.
    1. Unfortunately my play money doesn't add up that quickly. But I'll probably be getting the camera before we go, and get a loan if I have to for PP. Can't put it in until spring anyway. Probably last time son will be with us on a vacation. He's already looking at moving out on his own.
    2. We've already got another compact underwater camera, and did exactly what you said before salt water exposure. In addition, after every exposure we immerse the camera in a sink filled with fresh water for about 15 minutes, to clean it out as much as possible

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post

Some fun pics I've taken;

My friend Amy, right before a fall with the handle mount;

Amy again, board mount;

Me, board mount;

Dad, on my ski;
    We got it in from the fed ex guy and heard se rattling around inside it and upon further investigation we found a small piece of black plastic bouncing around that appears to be from the black bracket that hold the actual camera. Very small defect but for 300 bucks I want it to be new new
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Do you guys use the GoPro just for action/water sports and have another video camera for Christmas morning, everyday around the house, family trips etc?

Needing a video camera in the worst way, but need one that does all of the above. Don't really mind buying two, but if the GoPro will do both then thats what I will purchase.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I ended up with the Kodak Playsport bc I wanted one that could do both. Are you stuck with the wide angled lense for gopro or can you switch? I think that is the only issue you would have using the gopro for both.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I just bought the Go Pro for 188 free shipping BOOM SHAKALAKA

I plan to have mounds of wicked videos off the boat this year, we got the brackets to mount it to the stern of the boat for surfing.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]