Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: GoPro Camera

I am sure that will work , handle bars are about the same.

great Idea LSVboombox, still going to get the life vest for it. LOL

RD how was the skiing out west and waht are you all using to edit the video with in any? I have racked my brain with the free windows movieplayer software
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

(moved this thread to Off Topic as I probably should have started it here.)

Took the gopro out this weekend and shot some video that many of you are wanting to see. But, I'm having a hard time seeing what I shot on the pc. Found the below on gopro's website:

The video plays back choppy or broken up.
    •To ensure that the video is recorded properly, please playback the videos directly on a TV with HD and AV component cables. You should get proper smooth playback on your TV.
    •Choppy video playback will usually come down to the computer not being able to process the data fast enough of the large HD video files.
    •First, please make sure you have downloaded the file to your computer and are not playing back the file directly off the SD card. You will not be able to get proper playback if playing directly from the SD card.
    •If having choppy playback from the downloaded file, you can try restarting your computer and keeping all other applications closed while playing back the video. This will maximize the computer’s processing power for video playback.
    •If still having choppy video playback, then your computer system most likely does not have enough processing power to handle the high data rate of full HD or 60fps video files (r3 or r5). Recording at the lower resolution settings of r1 or r2 should allow you to playback the files smoothly on your computer

Tried the above except hooking to the tv as I don't have a mini hdmi cable. I'd like to edit (start/stop points, some text and a little audio) and post what I shot to share, but I'm struggling.

Anybody have some real world experience and suggestions?

monoprice.com for cables.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

thanks, Kane but I'll be heading out to the dreaded Best Buy right after the conference call I'm on now. I'm anxious to see the video and disappointed that it's not working out so well on the pc.

Your unit came with a mini to mini hdmi cable? I could have sworn i got the mini to fullsize hdmi with mine.

Are you just putting the sd card in your computer and trying to watch it? How new is your pc/laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I am sure that will work , handle bars are about the same.

great Idea LSVboombox, still going to get the life vest for it. LOL

RD how was the skiing out west and waht are you all using to edit the video with in any? I have racked my brain with the free windows movieplayer software
    We had a blast on our trip! However Heidi did not pick up on snowboard as much as we all thought/hoped she would.

Btw we have a women's snow board for sale for anyone who is interested.

Have not started to edit any of the video we shot though. Set the go pro to take a picture every 2 seconds and ended up with over 600 pictures
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    Your unit came with a mini to mini hdmi cable? I could have sworn i got the mini to fullsize hdmi with mine.

Are you just putting the sd card in your computer and trying to watch it? How new is your pc/laptop?
    I think the only I got was a USB to charge the battery, no HDMI. Yes, popping it in SD slot in a Sony Vaio laptop that is 4 yrs old. Took it to a friends house with a Mac & it looked great. Guess Im getting another accessory.

Try copying the video from the SD card onto your hard drive, then watch it from the hard drive. Your older machine may be huffing and puffing a little on the data transfer rate trying to view it directly off the SD card. But I'm guessing that will work better...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...