Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exile SX65M

Default Exile SX65M

Replaced my Polk in boat speakers today with Exile's new SX65M. These speakers have a continuous midbass driver since the tweeter is mounted to the grill. I always liked the sound of the Polks but the Exiles sound even better. They are very smooth sounding and has more midbass punch that the Polks. Really happy with them!

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Here is a pic of the continuous midbass driver and the grill mounted tweeter.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Nice; I went from Polks to SX65's and love 'em. Interesting that those have black cones, mine are like bruised aluminum.
    2013 Outback V

these make me wish i would have waited a year to do my stereo. now im stuck with the old kind
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I def like the black cone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Looks great, Al. Gonna be a while before I change out my in boat speakers but that's what I'd do too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    these make me wish i would have waited a year to do my stereo. now im stuck with the old kind
    List yours for sale, mine sold and I went with the new style. I had a few PM's from other potential buyers on here. They may still be looking to upgrade.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    In speaking with Brian from Exile, I think it would take a very discerning ear to tell the difference between the SX65 and the SX65M.

Dusty, have you had a chance to install and audition your SX65M's? If so, what are your thoughts as to the difference betwen the two?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I have been super lazy, they are sitting in the floor of the boat. I'm very curious to hear the difference. I am betting my ear isn't good enough to tell a major difference.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I have been super lazy, they are sitting in the floor of the boat. I'm very curious to hear the difference. I am betting my ear isn't good enough to tell a major difference.
    I hear ya. I've had the Exiles for a few weeks and finally just got around to installing them this weekend. It's not like there's any big hurry
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV