Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Krypt EQ $79

I also checked the prices for av cables on monoprice.com and was encouraged. I almost ordered some today but decided to wait till after Christmas. I'm sure I'll order a few new cables, etc. after I figure out what else I need.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I'm in the "same boat" as you Al - HU outputs all direct to 3 amps. Not crazy about running cables over to the cockpit and back but for that price I could possibly be persuaded...
    I dont know about yours but on our 2010 LSV the cables go under the floor in the ski locker area and up to the amp, literally 1 min per cable run, super easy

How long of cables did you need to order? The 10 or 12 foot premium ones look pretty reasonable here:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...=10218#1021803
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Does the EQ add any background noise? That's my main concern. Seems like taking one preout signal then amplifying it and sending it to three different amps would be a recipe for background noise. Can anyone comment?
    I have one of these and I don't have any background noise. It shouldn't have any background noise if it's tuned right. If you crank it up, you will hear some hizzing, but the directions specifically say not to over power the outputs in the directions of tuning. IMO its a nice cheap investment, built a little on the cheap side, but the $79 its worth it. I've gotten my money's worth out of mine. The microphone option is nice and being able to quiet you towers or in-boats is nice too. My first unit fried for some odd reason but Krypt replaced it at no additional cost.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

I have one in my boat, and for $79 bucks I am halfway considering buying a backup for just in case! I absolutely love it. One of the most utilized pieces on my boat.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I considered this, but I have a volume control for the tower speakers and sub already and plan on adding another one for the in-boat speakers later this spring.
    the kicker volume controls that run 2 zones look appealing.
    This unit controls all 3 zones in one package. Plus has a microphone.

Cab, I have heard some people say the EQ creates noise but always heard it was fixed by grounding directly to battery. I ran mine last year grounded at the posts under the drivers helm. I didn't have any noise issues.

I've been thrilled with the functionality of mine and for that price its a great mod.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Alright, you guys talked me into it. Just ordered one.

Kane, I am running those cables from monoprice and they work just fine. Not sure how long you will need but I suggest you make your own measurements rather than relying on someone else's data. How you route your cable and where the amps are located will make a difference.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I just picked one up for that price. My clarion eq was starting to give me problems due to moisture ect. For that price I couldn't pass it up.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Ditto - ordered a couple hours ago. Bring on the spring time projects!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Al, I thought you had the JL line drivers controlling the tower and in boats?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold