Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Mojo - First Ride

So, I pulled into Atlanta Marine this morning to have the winterization done and guess what I see? Yep, their first Mojo being delivered. Of course I offered to help prep the boat and take it out for a test run.

First impression: WHOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN' HOOOOOOOO! What a boat!

It sits TALL on the trailer because it is so deep, yet when driving it handled as well as my OBV when empty or loaded with stock ballast. We crashed thru our own 3+ft rollers and stayed dry.

I'm leaving for a weekend trip now, but have a few videos I will post on Sunday when I get home. The wakes looked GREAT with stock ballast. Wakeboard wake looked firm & rampy, surf wave was a good height and long. The surf platform was cool & I do think it improved the shape & length of the wave.

All you haters need to check this thing out in person.

me inside the observer's cubby

yeah, there is some legroom - those are Heidi's legs and she had a good foot of space under the helm

Finally a solid color!!!!!!!!!!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

What else I liked:

Recesses in the dash to the left of the glovebox & to the right of the instrument cluster that my smartphone fit in perfectly.

The Oz tower. I wasn't impressed with the first pics and was sure I would get the V2. But, once on the boat, I really liked that you could see thru the tower. I really liked not having any tower legs in my forward vision field. Also, plenty of headroom for my 5'10" frame.

Snap in carpet. I have 3 kids & a dog, so need I say more. The floor under was finished nice with straight lines, etc. The "bumps" KG felt under the carpet when he checked one out were the access covers for the fuel pump and forward ballast tank. I understand, and may one day appreciate ease of accessibility, but I get what KG was saying.

The pedestal seat. Again, something I thought blah from the first photos, but it's barely noticeable whe you're in the boat. And, it swivels! It's a larger, comfy seat than mine but I do like the open back of the design in my OBV.

Vinyl & padding. Much improved. Looks & feels much nicer than year's past. Not Supra nice, but a great improvement.

Cooler. Hello, hello, hello? Can you hear me down there? Gotta be room for 48+ cans. I hope to test the capacity next week.

Ballast system. Switches on the dash! Fill % indicators on the Digital Cruise. Reversible pumps. Seemed like a pretty fast fill time and teh plug & play for larger bags. The rubber mats in the lockers are a fantastic idea.

Room for 16. Party time. The "spork" front is really nice and I am a fan of the looks & functionality.

Surf platform. Big enough to gear up & for a few folks to hang out, but I think the real benefit is the surf wave shape you get from the design and filled in bottom.

Kicker speaker grills & sony head unit. The grills now look like "spokes" ala Polks and the Sony remote is a huge step forward from the Aeware.

Motor. K&N air filter staring back at you when you open the hatch. Cats on the exhaust so it's quiet at idle but sounds wicked when you jump on the throttle. We got her up to 42 mph today & she may have had more, but we didn't want to push it too hard.

The look. Of the Mojo itself and especially the one on the face of the dude water testing the Vandal. He looked jealous and scared when I sent a surf roller his way and almost flipped his ride.

I can't believe you came on here and taunted that you have pics of the surf wave and told us to wait until Sunday!!!

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Haha I agree KG I want to see more pictures of the boat, wake, ect!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Wait...pics of the boat but no wake pics with all that water testing?

Tease...

You know Drew's savoring every moment of suspense here.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

At dinner now. Trying to upload vids to youtube from phone.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 12-16-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Drew. Does that one have a pretty red bow on it already fir the wolfe family?

Solid looks nice. I guess we can wait til sunday.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Ok, made it to cabin & got on wireless. Working on uploading vids.

JV, no this one won't be mine. I don't want the snap on cover. I talked w/ Corey @ Evolution today & he will make me a custom mooring cover w/ an extra piece that will cover transom & swim platform. That part of my boat is exposed to the sun in the boathouse and I didn't like how it oxidized this year.

I may also order w/out a sound system and plan a trip to TX to see difference between KG & Dusty's systems then hire one of them to install a system for me.

I also have my eye on a 242. Decisions, decisions, decisions . . .