17 35.42%
  • Axis

3 6.25%
  • Other

2 4.17%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Picklefork Poll

Ian,

You didn't happen to set up a surf wave, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I currently own a pickle boat and have ridden in an X-25. I previously owned an XLV as well. I can say this about the two pickle boats I've been in when it comes to riding in chop and/or white cap conditions...they are drier inside and ride smoother than my big o' XLV was with the traditional bow. The width of the pickle bow and I believe a deeper V in the centerline help IMO. I guess that's good for those who need to or don't mind braving 20-30+ winds in open water. This past year I didn't think twice about going out ine 35+mph winds open water in my pickle boat to get to the glass around the cliffs.
    funny thing is my buddies A20 when the water has faint 2 inch ripples feels like you are driving down a gravel road, you can feel every single ripple in your feet hitting the hull. my lsv is alot smoother through the ripples, never been in the a2o in rough water though considering rough water is virtually non existent where we ride
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Ian,

You didn't happen to set up a surf wave, did you?
    Nope, I don't really surf. I rode behind as part of a local charity Polar Bear Ski event. A kid from the dealer said the surf wave was retarded though, which I believe since the boat is huge, and they know I wouldn't buy a wake boat (dd ski all the way!)
    2013 Outback V

the surf wave was retarded though
    Meaning "BOMB - TOTALLY WICKED - AMAZING" or is it "LAME - YAWNER - BUST" ?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    funny thing is my buddies A20 when the water has faint 2 inch ripples feels like you are driving down a gravel road, you can feel every single ripple in your feet hitting the hull. my lsv is alot smoother through the ripples, never been in the a2o in rough water though considering rough water is virtually non existent where we ride
    Carpet does dampen some of that...we have the tatami snap out mat which is not like snap out carpet so no dampening or vibration absorption. I still like the tatami mat, only one of my boat owner friends can't stand snapout anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I rode behind an MXZ last week with stock ballast and no wedge and the wake was monstrous. Absolutely punted me without any effort.
    Heard that wake is very good. Qualities of the VLX in that it's rampy and easy to set up and consistent on both sides

I was at the malibu dealer the other day and the mxz bow is huge!
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Gotta say this, I'd rather have a Bayliner and never surf again then have the Tomcat-its just fugly

Mojo be my #1 choice
    X2 be my #2 choice
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Gotta say this, I'd rather have a Bayliner and never surf again then have the Tomcat-its just fugly

Mojo be my #1 choice
    X2 be my #2 choice
    they are ugly but if you ever ride in one what you get for your dollar is unmatched. the interiors are very cleanly done, hard to really explain but they do a great job making an affordable boat that is niccccccceeeeeee. just have to get over the fugly front and tower
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Meaning "BOMB - TOTALLY WICKED - AMAZING" or is it "LAME - YAWNER - BUST" ?
    Meaning super super great! LOL

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    2013 Outback V