• Tige

17 35.42%
  • Axis

3 6.25%
  • Other

2 4.17%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Picklefork Poll

I think harms is on the right track. they are really more of a platform than a tri-hull. the hulls on all the pickleforks I have seen look just like their conventional siblings, just a wider platform on top for more backrest. I have yet to see a picklefork with a substantially wider floor in front such as the rear of the boat, just more backrest and seat surface in the front.

I really like the looks of some of them, but from a functionality standpoint, I really never have a crew big enough to justify the extra seat or 2 that they afford, and it would be interesting, especially at speed what the extra airflow drag is on the boat and the associated drop in mpg with those boats. probably minimal, but if you spend any time at all getting to the "good" water, there's a loss..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post
    As a desinger..someone F'd up on the mojo, no more room, no more function and looks it looks pregnate. WHY THE HELL DO IT??
    I know these are simply from the website & aren't CAD drawings, but take a look at the Mojo vs the LSV. Yes, I understand the Mojo is 1ft longer but look at how much deeper/taller the Mojo is and there is certainly more room in the bow, not just length, but also in width.

I just can't get down with the mojo spork at all. That ^ pic, IMO, makes it even worse. The fork is so minimal, why even do it. I've got the mojo rated about the same with the Epic nose. It looks like they just A) Didn't know how to pull it off and be different enough or B) Ran out of time and said the hell with it, this will work." All the wasted space from the center bow seat to the nose is very unappealing to me.

I hope to be in the market for new in the next 4 to 5 years, and I hope like hell they don't go this route on the Supra's.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

It'll be sooner than that after I send a super tsunami wave from my Mojo over your bow & send your ride to the bottom of the lake. But, not to worry, I will have enough room in the bow for you and the other ladies to hitch a ride back to the dock.

Spork you, Dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post
    I could SO get ld in that boat with a cape on. lol.
    You tried the cape thing once on me and it didn't go so well. I doubt being on the boat would help your cause ...

lmao...................
    89' Comp Resto:
    http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=8193

Riding and Mod pic's:
    http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=86

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-PPI Amps 1750 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

I currently own a pickle boat and have ridden in an X-25. I previously owned an XLV as well. I can say this about the two pickle boats I've been in when it comes to riding in chop and/or white cap conditions...they are drier inside and ride smoother than my big o' XLV was with the traditional bow. The width of the pickle bow and I believe a deeper V in the centerline help IMO. I guess that's good for those who need to or don't mind braving 20-30+ winds in open water. This past year I didn't think twice about going out ine 35+mph winds open water in my pickle boat to get to the glass around the cliffs.

I'm not sure about the hype of the pickle fork as the tri-hull boat of the early 1970s had a similar design. I'm not sure it's characteristics or why the design faded. I think it was for stability.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

My old tri-hull would ride up over the top of the waves and make for a bumpy ride, v hulls tend to cut through them. Flatter the hull, the rougher the ride. I think the pickle is sort of a hybrid, v hull all the way up with just the wide nose.

I have to hold off on casting a vote until I see the others in person (including the Mojo), hopefully at the January boat show. I've always liked the MC fronts. Saw one MB last summer that looked retarded like it had rear-ended something and never got stretched back out.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I rode behind an MXZ last week with stock ballast and no wedge and the wake was monstrous. Absolutely punted me without any effort.
    2013 Outback V