Thread: Seadek Opinions

Default Seadek Opinions

I am planning on resurfacing my swim platform with one of the Seadek options. Was wondering if anyone could comment on the durability of the "Faux Teak" version compared to other options they offer. I would be using the grey Titanium version.
    Thanks for any input in advance

Cheers

I installed the Titamium Faux Teak 3 piece with Roo on it last year, looks great, it has been fantastic. It looks brand new still. Just the one season on it and I am wintering it in the garage. I can't speak about any comparison to other SeaDek finishes but it is far superior to the original black mat that came with my 2010 OBV.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

KSmith,

How hard was it to remove the black rubber from your swim platform? What did you use?

I'm thinking about getting a seadek pad.

Imperiumrex, the black pad is not that difficult to remove. I did the seadek on my boat. A pliers and some pulling to remove the black pad. I used a plastic scraper and a can of acetone to remove the glue left behind. Then put the new pad on. I spent most of the time removing old glue. Warming the black pad prior to removal can help release the glue, just leave in the sun on a nice day. Seadek is a great upgrade and adds some style to the boat.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Thanks for the info. I think this may be a upgrade for this spring. I have a 03 outback, and the black rubber gets tracked into the boat, after walking on it while wet. That's the main reason I want the seadek. And the titainium teak looks great.

Not really hard to remove, much like hoopskier says. I used paint thinner rather than acetone. The acetone was evaporating too fast what I tried it. I ordered some plastic razor blades and holders. worked great. Toss some paint thinner one it, let it sit for a 30 seconds, scrape off, repeat.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V