Thread: Colored Hull?

Default Colored Hull?

The lake that I boat on has some very murky and discolored water, mostly from the rain and sediment run off the banks. With having a white hull I end up with a dirty and discolored gel coat. A good cleaning compound usually takes the discoloration out, but it’s annoying to have this done after 1-2 trips to the lake. Between the cleaning and waxing, this is very time consuming.

I am considering upgrading to the Mojo and I was looking for some firsthand experience with a dark colored hull, I am thinking charcoal. I know the dark color will show more scratches, but I am less concerned about that compared to the discoloration I get. I don’t ever beach my boat and there isn’t much debris in the water, it’s just not very clear.

Does anyone else have this issues or opinions about colored hulls?
    2011-08-28 10.34.10.jpg2011-08-28 10.33.45.jpg2011-08-28 10.33.54.jpg
    Thanks.
    "The Boomba" '12 Mojo 345HP

Tow Rig: '08 Duramax

Everyone always talks about how a dark hull shows more scratches - I have a blue hull, and after 450 hours and 4 years I can honestly say that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I don't beach my boat often, but have, and I don't see any scratches at all. My dark colored hull has held up great.

I agree, I think the water lines on the bottoms of boats make a nice new boat look old and abused - colored hulls for the win!
    2013 Outback V

I would love to have a colored hull.

Didn't I read someone say you can't get the Mojo in a color hull?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The color design tool looks like you can have a colored hull

I think you pretty much have to order your boat to get it but it is available.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

i have a dark hull and it does show some scratches from beaching on the very very bottom as in you have to be laying on your back under the trailer looking up to see them so its really a non issue
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Mine is all black from the rubrail down, and yes it has a few scratches and swirls. They are inevitable, scuffs from the trailer, hitting debris in the water, road chips and of course those wonderful mystery marks. That being said I've never beached period, docked of rafted without ample cushioning; they just happen is all. After four seasons it still looks virtually new. Sure you have to keep it clean and buff it out at least once a year and wax but it's not that bad.
    2007 Mobius LSV

It will eventualiy lightly sand off the color. I use to beach mine at the river and it DID finally is rub the color off down to the clear. But its just on a small part at the very bottom and cant see it unless you look for it. Just buy a keel protector and you should be good! Jet
    89' Comp Resto:
    http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=8193

Riding and Mod pic's:
    http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=86

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-PPI Amps 1750 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

My boat is white on bottom, but center is black then back to white just below rub rail. I like the white it does not show that much as far as scratches and stuff.
    I typically go to MUD lakes in KS, thats all we have.I also wipe my boat down every time she comes out of the water. That helps keep build up down. Compound and wax it every year, Once usually does it. Typically when I do get some build up from a long weekend from being docked. Usually it will wash off with a mit and soapy water.I dont beach my boat either, just anchor off back of boat then tie to land.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Hi, I boat in conditions which sound very similar and keep my boat in the water all season, i had a white hull and no matter which cleaning product i used i could not get it clean, i changed to a moomba LSV at the start of this season with a red hull and it was clean all season.
    2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, FI, Full Kicker sound set, Running on LPG, In England