Thread: Bimini Top

Default Bimini Top

05 Outback LSV - No Tower

In order to get my boat in the garage, I have to lay down the bimini top. I have gotten in the habit of just leaving it rest on the back seat and put it up when I get on the water. Then set it down to trailer home. I noticed that it is now starting to mark up the upholstery where the supports rub on the sides.

Do people leave it wrapped up but in the upright position to trailer? I didn't think it was good to have it flopping aroung in the upright postion, so I was laying it down. Now I am not so sure.

Thoughts?

Default Replying to Topic 'Bimini Top'

I have always trailered our boats with the bimini in the up position with the cover on it. I have not had any problems, then again ours has always been semi protected by the tower. If you hit something with no tower to protect it you could probably see some damage. I guess if your careful and don't hit any low hanging branches you will be fine.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

If you leave it up while trailering, the bracket WILL come loose. At least, all 4 of mine did, and one was completely out and the screws were gone. I've wrapped towels around the spot that was rubbing the seat.....that seems to have worked for the time being.

I have a '99 outback.... My bimini top folds to the front and lays down... And yes I wrap it back up with the little cover for it.... It has not rubbed on anything yet... And I have had it 2 years.