Thread: Carpet Trim

Default Carpet Trim

Has anyone had any experience replacing the trim in their boat that attaches to the fiberglass? The stress on it has caused ours to pull away in one spot, plus it looks like crap. Attached is the only picture I have of it, but it gives you an idea of what needs replacing. Thoughts on where to purchase? We haven't checked with the dealer yet as we likely can handle this mod
    018.jpg
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Mine was letting go in the corners. So I pulled it all off the other year to redo it. I cleaned mine up with some bleach solution, which worked pretty good. To put it back on, I used automotive grade foam tape, which was the same stuff they put it on with at the factory. Mine went back on pretty well, but darned if it hadn't shrank and was about 1.5" too short to make it all the way around.

Be careful when removing it, though. Mine was still securely attached in one spot and it ripped the gelcoat off and damaged the fiberglass. Oops.

mine had gaps in the corners where it makes the u in the bow. i try to ignore it
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD