Hybrid View

Default Mouse Terds in boat?!

I went to my storage unit today to check on her and do a little clean up. I turned the stereo on and started cleaning things out for winter storage. I got to the drivers side bow seat and when I lifted the seat I noticed little terd droppings and a bunch of chewed orange plastic pieces!!! I keep my ropes under this seat.....

I took everything out and noticed my orangle proline handle was chewed on and of course the droppings of, what I'm assuming is mouse terd, was scattered about. My boat is stored in a nice, sealed unit. I checked the perimeter of the unit and all looks tight.

How did the alleged mouse get in my boat and under the closed seats?

How do I keep this maniac out of my unit?

I will put the cover on today after im done cleaning up but I seriously doubt the cover will keep this dude out!
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Gonna be real tough to avoid Mice all together if boat/trailer touches the ground in any way. Suggest traps,sooner rather than later. hopefully ,just a single mouse. Make sure No food or crumbs etcIf you have a power source ,The Electronic noise makers work pretty well as well. Good Luck and hopefully no more damage.
    07 Outback DD

How does the dang mouse get in the boat though? I figured the smooth surface of the exterior would keep them from being able to climb inside. Tricky critters I guess. I do have a power source so I guess I'll look into the electronic noise deal you talked about Mikey, thanks for the suggestion
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Anything open? Drain plug? Can any of the cover be lifted? Put out some sleepy mouse (poison). Better for them to eat that than your accessories or seats and a dead mouse doesn't make a mess.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Gotta watch using poison because they don't drop dead in their tracks and if that sucker ends up crawling into some obscure place and dies, you may have one stinky boat next season. Try these easy to use traps from d-con.

http://www.d-conproducts.com/traps/nvnt.html

JPetty, I always put at least 3 boxes of D-con in my boat when it goes to storage. You know those triangle yellow boxes. Only had on time they got in the past 3 year, chewed on bait and never found anything else. Better be Safe than find you wires chewed up and a nest in your boat. The mice can get in places you never thought they could. Rick
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

This has me worried and wishing I would have left traps in my boat
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Get them put back in David. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I caught the act before it got/gets to bad. Did a good clean up of boat and unit today, placed traps and bait around unit and got those electronic sound trap things someone suggested. Hopefully I won this war!!
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

i have used dryer sheets and store my boat in an old barn on our farm... never had trouble once... i always make sure the cover is on and tight, and also use zest soap shavings on a margarine lid... i used mothballs once in my old boat and it stunk like mothballs for quite a while after storing it for the winter..
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!