Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Let's clear that statement up a bit, upgrading to more equipment or switching brands?

......clarify please.
    To clarify, I think it might be either one or the other, or both. It all depends what happens when you and Kyle get your boat side by side. To be honest, you both seem to be going with the bleeding edge stuff, that asides from personnel preference you'll be hard pressed to decide to either upgrade or go to a different brand, just based on the sound. Just wish I could be there to hear them both.

I'm hoping though. I'd probably be the first in line for your seconds.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

You can be certain I will not be switching unless somehow it just sounds like shiii. I don't see that happening. I think the same goes for Dusty as we have put in a lot of time and money.

I am looking forward to the comparison though, no doubt. Hopefully we can post some video or even better have some other people from the forum take a listen and get their take.

As far as the fairness that RD mentioned. Dusty and I have talked at length but we are mostly interested to see how the two compare at surf distance. We both assume the loudness at wake distance should go to Wetsounds but we want to hear the difference at surf and party cove range. Oh and of course when we link them together
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I think Brian should donate a two pairs of XM9s to Dusty and have a partial sponsorship of his sound system. I mean these two are always together on the water and I am sure Brian doesn't want Kyles wetsounds gear out performing Dustys exile gear every weekend in front of everyone at the lake.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I think Brian should donate a two pairs of XM9s to Dusty and have a partial sponsorship of his sound system.
    You could have something there. Sure would be nice to be there when both boats hit the water, and see the fruits of their labor.

Ron

I may just have to plan a road trip to go see those two blokes (and their saintly mothers) so I can judge this thing for myself.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I may just have to plan a road trip to go see those two blokes (and their saintly mothers) so I can judge this thing for myself.
    It looks like there's a "get together" in the making. If you and/or your crew are thinking of checking out the "show down". I'll talk to the wife and we'll try to make a week of it. Just got a trailer and she is already bugging me to "go places".

Forget Flint River. This'll be the "ear splittin, gut shakin, event" at Broken Bow. Ear plugs optional.
    Last edited by rsinger; 12-07-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Ron

spu spu sponsership?!? Say what?!?

FWIW, and so we can keep dragging this on (because its fun)

hybrid = 6 x 6.5" = 39" of surface area
    xm9's = 4 x 8.25" = 33" of surface area

Quite a bit more surface area with the hybrid setup versus the xm9 setup.

"road trip", "get together", "show down" ... uhhh, I don't even have anything installed. Add to that my installer is now my competition, LOL. David (earmark), I may be calling soon.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Add in, Rev 10 = 4 x 10" = 40" surface area.

When linked up together.....it makes me smile just thinking about it.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Add to that my installer is now my competition, LOL.
    Oh oh. Didn't know that. Looks like there a bit of conflict of interest now. If I see pictures with your speakers installed backwards I'll know what happened.
    Last edited by rsinger; 12-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Ron