Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new outback

Default Replying to Topic 'new outback'

I would pull it out and try to find a storage place nearby. If you leave it in best case your hull will be covered in furry alge that will be a royal pain to get off and probably leave a stain on your hull, worst case you boats sitting at the bottom of the lake. My neighbor left his boat in while on vacation, his cover pole snapped in a heavy rain, tore his cover and his boat was filling up with water. We ended up taking our fat sac pump over to help pump out the water.
    If you boat wasn't brand new you could probably take that risk but I wouldn't recommend it for your new pride and joy.

Have you left for the lake yet? By now you should feel the dark cloud of doom gathering.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

My boat is in a small lake in Northern Ontario, Canada. There is no problem with zebra mussels or algae. My only concern was with the packing drip & auto bilge pump operation. Is there any reason to be concerned about this?

4stngr,

you need to go back and read the reply from Brian Raymond from Skiers Choice. There is some real concerns. If you dont have someone who can check on it every couple days, you should take it out of the water.

I would not leave my Moomba in for 6 weeks.

Larry

4stngr,

Sounds like good advise here.
    I have a cottage in Ontario as well near Dorset. I leave the outback in the water all summer because my wife and kids are there through the week. The boat is also docked on a calm bay but I always pull it if no one is at the cottage for more then a couple days. There's just too much that can go wrong, be it mechanical or weather related. Remember this pointer when you pull the boat at the end of the summer. Clean the hull as soon as the boat is removed with a soap and water. Lie on your back and wipe it down. When the brown stuff is damp, it comes off in a snap. My hull is as white today as it was new.

Enjoy your new outback

I keep 04 Outback in the water all summer. Several times a year I just get in the water and wipe off whatever slime accumulates on the hull. when I drag it out in the fall I wipe it down before I drive away from the ramp. A good cleaning, and it still looks brand new.

Oh, one more thing, a good coat of wax on the entire hull makes the slime easier to wipe off.