Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Very very nice Jester one of the best installs of ballast i have seen done. If i was you id take the sticker off at the throttle and flush mount that switch plate right there. Where its at your going to cut your hand or one of your drivers will and be cursing your ballast LOL. Bro honeslty if you want let me know a good day i will be more then happy to drive down and drill all the holes you need man. As you know i have added threw hulls on the side of my boat, under my boat, cut the glove box wider for my HU, installed the flush mount Nav light. I have extensive experience in cutting into the boat and not causing damage. I will be happy to drive down in the AM get it all done, then we can hit the lake for the afternoon have a few brews. Let me know bro.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike,
    I was thinking of installing the switch there also. You know my master plan was to bring the boat up one day and get you or Al to help me drill a few holes.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Bring it brother i got tons more parking room then Al lol Or if your comming to LBC i can do a lot of it there in the AM before we head out. We got a full shop with Electricty at the property there. You let me know man lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Very very nice Jester one of the best installs of ballast i have seen done.
    word to your Mother!

Thanks guys. I have a few more photos.

This one is of the power block from under the dash on the drivers side. Also note all the zip ties will be changed out to black ones as soon as i get some more black ones. The white ones really bug me since they stand out.

Next one is from behind the switches. Also shows how I mounted the switch pannal without drilling. This is a temp solution until I but Mike or Al some beer and cut away.

The last one is the hole i had to drill on the port side ski locker.

“Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

jester. great install. i should have gone this reversible pump route as well.

you are almost home. the thru hulls seem scary but really are not. just as easy as that hole you cut in the locker divider. just get a hole saw slightly larger than the fitting. painters tape. go slow in reverse and presto. your done.

i had to drill 4 ballast holes in the hull and three heater holes. tip measue twice or three times.

other thoughts. you could wye vent them off the center drain thru hull (factory drilled g1) or tie into the ballast drain.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Jmvotto, Thanks for the advice. For the front bag i pulled the drain line that was factory installed and i am using that as the vent line now.

On another note i went out wakeboarding yesterday and wow does that put a lot of weight in the boat. the swimplatform no longer is ontop of the water when the bags are filled. I now need to play with the weight and my speed to get the perfect wake. Anyone running 400 lbs on each side plus the center 400 know a good speed and rope length?

jester.. what are your fill times like?? that looks like an awesome setup and i want to upgrade my pump system... filling 2 750's a 400 and a couple extra 400's under the nose takes a long time with the stock rule pump!!! plus then you get to do away with those sprinkler valves!!!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Jmvotto, Thanks for the advice. For the front bag i pulled the drain line that was factory installed and i am using that as the vent line now.

On another note i went out wakeboarding yesterday and wow does that put a lot of weight in the boat. the swimplatform no longer is ontop of the water when the bags are filled. I now need to play with the weight and my speed to get the perfect wake. Anyone running 400 lbs on each side plus the center 400 know a good speed and rope length?
    When we ran the 400s the first year we were running them all full and 22 mph at 65ft this year we have been filling the 750s about 1/2 and the 1000 in the nose and running at 23 70ft rope. Best thing to do is just go wake board speed and play with plate and watch the wave. The more weight the more speed to clean it up but it will feel really firm and you hit the wave.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    jester.. what are your fill times like??
    I did not use a stop watch on my Fill times. Right now my major problem is the intake only bein 3/4. If i run all three pumps or even two of the pumps one starts to get starved for water. I think once i get one 3/4 and one 1" or two 1"'s installed I will not have this problem. I think it took about 5 min for each bag to fill . By the time the truck and trailer where parked and my driver made it back to the boat almost all three bags where filled. Next time i go out I will get a time on them and let you know.