I plan on taking my new LSV over the North Cascades pass in June for the first time. There is one location with a ten mile stretch of fairly steep grade (4 to 6 %).

I am curious to know how the Boatmate disc brakes perform during long steep grades at highway speeds. Will the steep grade pose an overheat problem for the trailer surge brakes? I know the surge brakes are damped by a shock absorber, however, I am a little concerned that the trailer/boat weight may be sufficient to defeat the shock absorber and cause the disk brakes to activate when traveling down the long grade at highway speeds (60 MPH). Also, I typically run this portion of the trip with my electronic tranny in Trailer mode which keeps my rig from accelerating above 65 downhill.

Anyone have experience to share regarding the new Boatmate disc surge brakes and long steep grades??

Thanks for any info and congrates to all who organized and enjoyed the first South East Moomba Jam. Shows the power of the internet and how it can enable good folks like us to organize a positive fun event.

Will