Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Torn... Acme 1847 v 1433 v 1235

I know this topic is posted to death but I'm looking for some XLV loaded with ballast advice. Not loaded too much now (stock 550's with 1100 front) but will be replacing back sacs with 1100s and load heavy for surfing. Not sure if I can justify the extra $100 for the 1235. Who's stepped up to 1235 and any regrets? not sure if I'd see the 1433 to 1235 difference or really even need it. Currently running oj 13.75 x 18. Know all will be an upgrade just torn on the final decision. All help much appreciated in advance. Thanks.
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

I cant tell you i have never rode in an XLV with a stock prop like yours, but i can say i have ridden in one with the next size up, im sorry i dont know the prop sizes all to well. The next size up from stock is the all around prop that a lot of people seem to run, it gives you decent top end and decent low end pulling power but my buddy who has an XLV has this prop and when surfing with people in the boat he can max out the prop. He is running the 750s in the rear and 1K up front if i recall. You will know if your maxing out the prop because the boat will feel like its surging as its actually cavitating. I would goto the the 1235 < wake board prop > I run this prop on my boat and run close to 3K ballast at times with 8 people and it handles it well. I am reaching the outter limits of this prop even but its by fare the best prop i have experience with.

I would do a search for Prop testing by Cab and read his extensive testing, he tested the same types of props your thinking of getting.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I thought the 1235 was just a little smaller than 1433 for the purpose of clearing trailers on the few boats that have that issue. I don't know if there is any real performance difference.

Not an xlv, but im running the acme 1433, I swapped from the factory oj wakeboard prop which is similar dimensions.

The prop you have now is def not made for heavy weight. 1235or 1433 would be a big upgrade. Call nettle props and they can talk you through it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

1235 is the strongest in that group. cab has some great analysis on it. also nettle props will help you out as well.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I think KG has it backwards, 1235 is the big one and the 1433 was made to solve the trailer clearance issues. I have the stock OJ wakeboard prop and it pulls fine but is noisy as hell. I have a buddy with the OJ 5 blade on his axis and he loads his boat down big time, over 3k for wakeboarding and it seems to work real well. I will probably buy an 1847 this off season
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

1235 and 1433 are the same prop except the 1433 is slightly smaller diameter to clear the boatmate trailers. I have the 1433 and it's insane. Even with 3k in ballast it still digs out nicely. If you run heavy it's a great prop and you'll have no regrets!

On my 08 XLV I have the 1235 (got it this year). Before I had the stock OJ Wakeboard prop.

OK to be totally honest, I bought the 1235 because I heard and read on this forum how much better it is then the stock OJ. Smoother ride, better hole shot etc.... It is better then my stock but it isn't a "Night and day difference" like some people claimed. In fact no one who rode on my boat this year (after spending 3 years and 300 hours on the old OJ prop) could tell the difference. Its nice to have a spare prop in case of an emergency.

FYI I run with 2650 lbs for wakeboarding (750's rear, 1100 front). Neither prop had problems getting up but the 1235 is a bit faster.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    On my 08 XLV I have the 1235 (got it this year). Before I had the stock OJ Wakeboard prop.

OK to be totally honest, I bought the 1235 because I heard and read on this forum how much better it is then the stock OJ. Smoother ride, better hole shot etc.... It is better then my stock but it isn't a "Night and day difference" like some people claimed. In fact no one who rode on my boat this year (after spending 3 years and 300 hours on the old OJ prop) could tell the difference. Its nice to have a spare prop in case of an emergency.

FYI I run with 2650 lbs for wakeboarding (750's rear, 1100 front). Neither prop had problems getting up but the 1235 is a bit faster.
    the dimension of the two are so similar that i dont think you would have much of a difference performance wise. i think the main benefit going from the stock oj wakeboard prop to a 1235 or 1433 is you loose that God awful growling noise/vibration. i think the people who said there was a night and day difference in holeshot are the people who had the 13.5x18 or whatever
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

When I went from the stock OJ wakeboard prop to the 1235 my XLV felt much better. It was smoother, less vibration, a little quieter inside the boat, better holeshot, and got rid of the growl and vibration at lower rpms when accelerating. I surfed with 3,400-3,800lbs of ballast and the 1235 did very well. I'll be pulling the 1235 off my new boat in a couple weeks and MIGHT be selling it (it's only 5 months old). I'm going to the OJ 5-blade prop.

Ya, Rd is probably right about the holeshot. If I was to buy another prop for my boat I would buy the 1235. If I ever sold my boat I would put the OJ back on and keep my 1235 for a spare for my next boat. I don't think you would get an extra $500 for giving a spare prop with a boat so might as well keep it.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!