Default Need New Seats Help

I have my boat put up for the winter now and have removed all the seats and stored them in my basement. I would like to recover all the seats. The backs are still in good shape as is the back engine cover. What is the best and most reasonable cost to get this done? How have others had this done? Does Moomba offer replacements? or do most people use a local car/boat auto trim shop? I do not really care if it matches the backs exactly but would lie to go with a better quality vinyl. All my seats are white with the 5" gray on the edge, I don't care for the gray as it gets hot in the sun so would probably go with white and white or white and yellow.

Just looking to see what others have done, what works and maybe what didn't go so well. Thanks in advance for your help!
    2004 Mobius LSV

There's a couple of threads on this already, but I'm in the middle of getting the rest of mine done right now (just pulling the staples out, for the guy). Had the rear deck and spotters area done last spring, which was around $400 or $500. I found a local guy that uses his garage. He's been doing it for 20 years or so. If you can find someone in that type of situation, I think that's where you'll get the best price.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

x2 w/rsinger. Upholstery shops that recovers seats and furniture can do it. The fabric would be an exact match as they go through the same manufacturers as SC does. I would take out the stuff that needs redone before you close up the boat for the winter and then get it to them so it will be ready by spring.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I have posted before that I did this myself on my Outback. Ordered material from Great Lakes Skipper. Pulled all the staples and covers myself and gave them to my local guy to use for patterns. He made new covers for me then I re-installed with stainless staples. Came out nearly perfect and it was cheap.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

So based on that experience with the Outback would you do it again?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    So based on that experience with the Outback would you do it again?
    Don't know about kaneboats, but I just finished pulling the staples on mine and it's a sh*tty job. Took forever too. Just brought the stuff to the vinyl guy and he was a happy camper. I would have like to do the rest, but there are some things where experience come in to play, and I think this is one of those things.

He's doing everything except, rear deck, small pieces on engine cover, and spotter area. He said it would be in the $800 range.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Sounds good to me.

And, yes, I would do it again. And, yes, it is a thankless job. BUT, I know all the staples came out and everything was clean. I know each piece was properly fit. I gained a lot of experience redoing the back bench backrest (with corners). I would do it again in a minute. Saved me at least a grand. That's a lot of beer/gas.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!