Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fuel Consumption Log

Hey Fellas,

Haven't been on here in a while. My boating season ended about mid September and finally winterized her this weekend. I've been keeping track of my fuel usage the last three years and thought I would share it with the forum. Note that I've run a different prop each of the last three seasons and have been getting slightly better fuel economy with each prop change (which was not the goal, but I'll take it).

Time to break the skis and snowboards out. Everyone have a great winter!

Al

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the information. It kinda confirms what most of us are guessing at 5gph on average. With the accurate gas gauges we often have to have rely on our math to make sure we have enough gas in the boat...lol.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Al, thanks for sharing, very informative.

what was up with 9-25-10 11.13 gph--wondering what kind of activity that was if you can remember.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Thanks for the information. It kinda confirms what most of us are guessing at 5gph on average. With the accurate gas gauges we often have to have rely on our math to make sure we have enough gas in the boat...lol.
    That's part of the reason I do this, is so that I know about how many gallons is going in before I have to pay attention so that I don't overflow the tank and make a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Al, thanks for sharing, very informative.

what was up with 9-25-10 11.13 gph--wondering what kind of activity that was if you can remember.
    Stacy,

Good question. I think that's mainly due to the fact that I probably did not get the tank full during the previous fill up. You'll notice the fuel consumption was very low on the previous one.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

This may be a "duh" question but is your ignition on for your stereo to be on, and if so, is the hour meter running? I'm thinking not, but my stereo is wired completely independent of the ignition so was just wondering. If it were though could help to explain that killer MPG you were getting here and there if you're just sitting chilling with tunes.

When I did a long adventure trip up the Willamette this summer, there was a lot of slow cruising and no pulling. I'm sure I got way better "mileage" that day compared to normal.

I suppose another shock factor here would be the roughly 300 gallons per summer at ~$4 per gallon = $1200 of saving up for the gas fund. You know what to plan for $$ in the coming seasons! And don't feel bashful when a passenger offers you $20 (or more) for gas. That is only covering an hour of the fun for the day!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I don't even worry about it. I know that when my gauge is showing empty there's 10 gallons of gas left. This actually works quite well for me as I'll never get stranded and when filling, I can blast in 28 gallons and then creep the last two in so it doesn't overflow.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    This may be a "duh" question but is your ignition on for your stereo to be on, and if so, is the hour meter running? I'm thinking not, but my stereo is wired completely independent of the ignition so was just wondering. If it were though could help to explain that killer MPG you were getting here and there if you're just sitting chilling with tunes.

When I did a long adventure trip up the Willamette this summer, there was a lot of slow cruising and no pulling. I'm sure I got way better "mileage" that day compared to normal.

I suppose another shock factor here would be the roughly 300 gallons per summer at ~$4 per gallon = $1200 of saving up for the gas fund. You know what to plan for $$ in the coming seasons! And don't feel bashful when a passenger offers you $20 (or more) for gas. That is only covering an hour of the fun for the day!
    Nope, the hour meter doesn't turn unless the engine is running. I purposely tried NOT to equate those gallons to $$ but thanks for reminding me!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I don't even worry about it. I know that when my gauge is showing empty there's 10 gallons of gas left. This actually works quite well for me as I'll never get stranded and when filling, I can blast in 28 gallons and then creep the last two in so it doesn't overflow.
    I typically fill up every time on the way to the lake/river unless we only put on an hour the last time out. It's not convenient to run out of gas on the river around here!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I guess you can tell what days you did a lot of surfing and/or loaded down.

I almost always put away 2K a year for boat fuel and every summer its not enough LOL. This is the only reason im thankfull the NW summers are shorter then other places

Ohh joy i see i have been assigned another Avatar. Not sure which one is worse?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

This is the only reason im thankfull the NW summers are shorter then other places
    What the!!!!! Have you gone mad?? Is the new avatar scrambling your brain?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...