Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Texas Drought-- Some Photos to Illustrate What Is Really Going On

We've had a few folks on here mention the drought and show their own photos. Most really have no idea how severe it is. The photos on this blog show the real state of things in rural Texas. Our friends in this region are in our prayers.

http://photoblog.statesman.com/dry-s...rought-of-2011
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

WOW - that's bad.
    I'd be interested to see pics of some of the streams/rivers when the water is at "normal" levels. Can't imagine the difference in scenes

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Thanks for sharing--had no idea it was like that

they need a month long tropical storm
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sorry to see it so bad... Prayers lifted...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

sad pics.. hope it all comes around.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We're setting records on the heat as well. Another one today at 101 degrees. I feel most for the people with ranches who depend on it. Fires are under control in my area, but we need rain badly. I believe we're about 26 inches below normal rainfall. A stalled tropical depression over the area would be welcome!

Thanks for the prayers maniacs!!! Much needed prayers and rain our way. Weather man said just yesterday we are set for an el Nina(spelling) so not much rain anticipated during the winter either. Hope there wrong about that prediction or next year our season may never kick off
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by matt75 View Post
    We're setting records on the heat as well. Another one today at 101 degrees. I feel most for the people with ranches who depend on it. Fires are under control in my area, but we need rain badly. I believe we're about 26 inches below normal rainfall. A stalled tropical depression over the area would be welcome!
    I grew up in North Houston and let me tell you when someone from The Woodlands says they need rain badly its a big freakin deal. I don't ever remember anyone from the Houston area saying that.... When I was a kid we used to joke that it rained somewhere in Houston at least once a day and we were not far off from the truth with that comment. We have a farm in Madisonville, TX that has been in our family for over 120yrs and recently sold the cattle and leased the land to another cattleman after our uncle who took care of it passed away so we have not been financially affected much. Luckily we have never had to depend on it to make a living. My sister was there two weeks ago and almost cried when she saw how bad it was. We had a several acre stock pond filled with some of the biggest Catfish you have ever seen. We used to hand feed them dog food and they would churn the water like crazy. It would scare our friends the first time they saw it. All gone now... Water, Catfish everything.

We have Texas in our prayers and hope others will include it in theirs.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Driving out to our lake house on lake Livingston it looks like fall from all the brown and yellow trees. This is what Lubbock is supposed to look like, not east tx. All the txdot signs on the freeway say "extreme wildfire conditions" or "conserve water". This high pressure system over us just won't leave and every hurricane/ tropical storm has either gone north east of us or south west. It's very depressing. Luckily the river where I ride still has water but I don't know how long that will last
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

my gf just said she saw a new fire on the way to work. she snapped a few pictures. this is the Methodist West Houston Hospital on I-10 and Barker Cypress, right at the Katy/Houston Border. The fire is burning on the south side of I-10

this is from here car, the big brick building is the 6 story tall hospital

this is from inside the hospital looking south across I10
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD