Thread: E85 or 15

Default E85 or 15

This is a question about my new truck . 2012 Ecoboost. Noticed in the gas filler it has a crossed out E85 and 15 logo .
    My last trucks had E85 and flex fuel insignias etc saying it was OK but this one says No..
    My question is to who knows the real differences ,etc and what are the availabilty or lack there of ,for NORMAL gas especially in theNorthwest states ,specifically Idaho.
    E85 is Ethanol mix / grain addatives????

I feel kinda stupid Coming from Alberta the land of OIL/GAS. But i live here,but do not work in the business.

Holidays are back to our old stomping grounds in Northern Idaho and was wondering if its more of a localized thing, or an across the USA thing?? We have very few stations that have anything to that nature here... Do i need to be worried? Anyone want to comment on this?
    07 Outback DD

e15 is not around readily yet. e85 is around in north idaho, but you will not have ANY problems finding regular gas ie gas with either no ethanol or 10% variety. don't worry about using the 10% as it will be fine in your truck, just DON'T use e85. you need all kinds of computer reprogramming and different injectors/fuel lines if your vehicle is not designed for it..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks,thats pretty much what i wanted to hear.
    07 Outback DD