Hey guys... I know there are other posts about this but thought I'd make one for a few other tips learned...

First I tried the attach a rope to rudder end and pull... worked until end of cable vanished under floor, then no mas. I really didn't want to deal with pulling up the floor.

When the above did not work I asked my lovely wife for the screw gun and proceeded to pull the 13 or so screws that hold the floor in place. Don't forget the 4 in the driver's cupholders. This pulling of the floor did not go over so hot with the wife but in hindsight it was well worth it and necessary. The steering cable was tie wrapped about 5 times to the bundle of hoses and wires which ran forward to the driver console (a bit of info that I haven't seen on forums in the past) and would have made pulling almost impossible unless the wraps just broke as you pulled. I say it was worth it because after the wife got mad that I pulled the floor I was able, and had to, complete the rest of the replacement myself in about an hour to hour and a half. All is put back together and can't wait to get her back on the water this weekend for our annual wakeboard and surf in costume contest. It'll be alittle cold but should be a blast.