Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exile SX65M

Default Exile SX65M

What is the deal with the Exile SX65M? Is it different than the Exile SX65.

I noticed a thread on wakeworld with it but couldn't really figure out what the deal is.

Looks like Earmarks is selling them 51 bucks a pair if you buy a full in-boat set. That's a great deal if they really handle 100rms.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Nevermind on the pricing. It looks like the promo package is for a set of 3 but the price is listed as individual pair.

Anyways, whats the scoop? Any different than SX65?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I'll let you know soon, I believe I have 3 pair on the way to try out!

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

SX65M are component style speaker but all in ine case, basically they are most simular to the Tower version where the mid bass is sealed and the tweeter is floating in a grill mount. Some people say they sound better but Brian said he personaly hasnt listened to the side by side for comparison.

The stadard style people buy for the boat are the coaxial and the biggest difference is the post the tweeter is mounted to. These can get water in the inner section of the speaker and cause problems, since the first release of the Coaxail last May to the pubic Exile has since upgraded this speaker and water getting into the inner section via the post mount tweeter is less of an issue.

I have the original version and have gotten mine wet numerous times and never had an issue.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Isn't that how the kickers that come stock in our boats are?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Isn't that how the kickers that come stock in our boats are?
    Not sure i follow you but the Kickers that came with my boat were a sealed mid bass with a floating tweeter. When i upgraded to my Polks it was a Coaxial and completly blew away the sound of the Kickers in smooth bass and stable tweet sound frequencies.

Then when i switched to my Exiles coaxial they did the same to the Polks that surpassed my Kickers.

A sealed midbass woofer should give you slightly more stable sounds and a smoother richer mid bass note but the average listener probaly wont be able to tell the difference and being ina boat with all the wind noise you prolly cant hear it eighter.

Talking with Brian he said sure he will sell you what ever you want but as in my application he said its not worth the upgrade since i already have 3 pairs of coaxials. Now if Exile upgrades to a much nicer better power handling speaker i might be game then and sell the ones i have.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Not sure i follow you but the Kickers that came with my boat were a sealed mid bass with a floating tweeter. When i upgraded to my Polks it was a Coaxial and completly blew away the sound of the Kickers in smooth bass and stable tweet sound frequencies.

Then when i switched to my Exiles coaxial they did the same to the Polks that surpassed my Kickers.

A sealed midbass woofer should give you slightly more stable sounds and a smoother richer mid bass note but the average listener probaly wont be able to tell the difference and being ina boat with all the wind noise you prolly cant hear it eighter.

Talking with Brian he said sure he will sell you what ever you want but as in my application he said its not worth the upgrade since i already have 3 pairs of coaxials. Now if Exile upgrades to a much nicer better power handling speaker i might be game then and sell the ones i have.
    i wasnt referring to sound quality of the kickers, just the construction with the sealed cone and the floating tweeter in the grill.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Sounds like ....

Sealed cone: Factory kickers and new Exile sx65m
    Coaxials: Polk db651 and Exile sx65

and also that it doesn't really matter. Difference in perceived sound is the power which they can handle. Exile handles considerably more power than the factory or the Polk.

The exile coaxial and/or new component (sx65m) is in the same league as the wetsounds and the bullets. The 100rms power handling league.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Hey guys - here's the lowdown.

The SX65-M is a new model. It's an improvement on our past design. A coaxial style speaker will work just fine in a boat and many many boats out there have coaxial style speakers. The SX65-C is just that. They handle lots of power are very musical and are a good all around speaker. that match the cosmetics and acoustics of our other offerings. The M version that launched a month or so back, departs from the coaxial design and seals the mid bass. In doing the we use the same 25mm tweeter but its mounted into the grille. End result? improved mid bass response.

We didn't change the price. It remains 180/pair.
    I would be surprised if any retailer is selling them at 50/pair. That would be far below Exile's MAP pricing.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Mine came with Kenwood speakers and the reason I upgraded almost immediately. I went with Polk MMC650's in the cabin MoMo's and not the DB series because they'll handle 80rms/180peak all day and sound awesome doing it. Full marine rating, carbon fiber cones and a HD aluminum basket assembly didn't hurt either. They take the Xi800's power no problem.
    2007 Mobius LSV