Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    And it seems like the screw holes for the rubrail would be a likely suspect for potential water intrusion into the platform.
    Or scratch up your front side pretty good pulling yourself up on it. I thought that of all platforms I saw with a rail at the boat show earlier this year.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'm also interested in the cost if you don't mind sharing.
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

My local dealer here in Las Vegas, told me it would be 549.99 plus 49.99 for new brackets for the surf platform with the SS Rubrail... that sound correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ZSullivan View Post
    My local dealer here in Las Vegas, told me it would be 549.99 plus 49.99 for new brackets for the surf platform with the SS Rubrail... that sound correct?
    + $350 for the non-skid...
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Sorry for the delay, here are the pictures with the set screws:
    SurfPlatformBottomTap.jpgSurfPlatformBottom.jpg
    07 LSV

It does have the SS Rubrail and End Cap.
    07 LSV

Dealer called to say that my new surf platform is in! Bad news is that I'm gone for a week so won't be able to mount it and test it until the 28th.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Default Specs and price on 2012 Surf Platform - SC please read

+ $350 for the non-skid...
    Soooo what was the final say on this surf platform!? Final cost? Is it worth it? Do I have to order it from my dealer!?!?...
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Soooo what was the final say on this surf platform!? Final cost? Is it worth it? Do I have to order it from my dealer!?!?...
    I don't remember the final cost, but I really liked the new platform. I felt it was worth it. Some people spend that on stereo equip, just depends on what your preference is. I thought it didn't need to be so deep, it is at 6 inches deeper than the stock platform, which gave me concern not to stand on the back edge of it much since it would be putting more strain on the brackets, but I may have just been overly cautious. The curvature of the sides allowed the water to pass right by it, so the platform was not dragging water. To me it was worth it.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I don't remember the final cost, but I really liked the new platform. I felt it was worth it. Some people spend that on stereo equip, just depends on what your preference is. I thought it didn't need to be so deep, it is at 6 inches deeper than the stock platform, which gave me concern not to stand on the back edge of it much since it would be putting more strain on the brackets, but I may have just been overly cautious. The curvature of the sides allowed the water to pass right by it, so the platform was not dragging water. To me it was worth it.
    I have the new Surf platform on my Mojo and Love it.

Like said, it doesnt drag in the wave now and the transition is much cleaner. Now.

I am not to worried about standing on the rear, i have done it several times and no issues.

How ever, im looking at getting some rubber edging to go around the lip, last time we were out my dog got a nasty gash in his rear leg from one of the corners on the platform, he has never had that happen and id hate for that to be a knee..

As for the new Mounting brakets with the pins to tighten the platform up so it doesnt rattle.

Well the first set of pins were allen heads counter sunk into the bolts, they striped right out, so my dealer used SS screws with larger heads that wont strip out as easy.

Deff love the platform.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]