Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Specs and price on 2012 Surf Platform - SC please read

I would like to get the measurements on the 2012 Surf Platform as well as a price. A nearby dealer has been less than helpful, so I thought I'd post the question up here, in hopes that SC will see this and respond. Simply looking for max length and max width, and a price. Looking to put one on my '08 LSV.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

This would be a great group buy idea....
    2008 Moomba LSV, Gravity III, 1100 port.750 in goofy side rear,400 center,650 IBS everything else stock.....Home lake... Glennifer Lake, Alberta Canada...

Mnpracing,

I heard back from Atlanta Marine on the 2012 surf platform. Measurements are 66" x 29 1/4". As someone had guessed better than me previously, it's not what I would define as inexpensive after you add in the cost of the non-skid, a rub rail (?) and freight. Total came in right around $1,000.

I have np spending 1K on this item but what i want to see is what difference am i really getting over the standard deck we have now. I have the original and i also have the new upgraded swim deck. Now i want to see what this new "surf" deck can really do for my wave.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I have the original and i also have the new upgraded swim deck. Now i want to see what this new "surf" deck can really do for my wave.

I did not know there was a standard swim deck and a new and improved swim deck , in the last couple years.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I did not know there was a standard swim deck and a new and improved swim deck , in the last couple years.
    I don't think there was, althought is the Supra swim deck different or is it just that it has the grab rail?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Mnpracing,

I heard back from Atlanta Marine on the 2012 surf platform. Measurements are 66" x 29 1/4". As someone had guessed better than me previously, it's not what I would define as inexpensive after you add in the cost of the non-skid, a rub rail (?) and freight. Total came in right around $1,000.
    Anyone have the specs on the current platform?

I guess I have a hard time seeing it help that much for 1k.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

^ Agree, for 1k...not a chance I'd pay it.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

From what I was told, a new, current platform will have a similar cost as the non-skid & shipping are the same. The improvement in the surf wave is a result of the shape of the platform as it doesn't have as much lip cutting into the wave. I'd really like to see a side-by-side comparison and will see if I can't get a demo set up at Atlanta Marine once they get a surf platform in.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Niiiiice! This thing needs to be on the water weighted for surfing pronto. I'm blown away this was not done for the official photo shoot....
    I'm not surprised. My guess is that its related to legal liability. Im sure this boat will have one of those annoying yellow stickers that states the max weight and SC isn't going to show that or a wave that isn't from a fully weighted boat.