Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

anyone have any video from behind the boat with the new surf platform to see how or if the water comes in contact with it?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I've put up a few from my Mojo. I think it works great as it eliminates that "rooster tail" that the corner & lip create with with standard one. IMO, it creates a cleaner face on the wave.

However, it didn't improve my already mad skillz . . . .

looked at a new lsv that had the new surf platform and can see how it will help with the surf wave spray that I get when surfing with my boat.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I just put one on my LSV 07. It sure takes a lot of pressure off the platform when surfing because the platform never touches the water. That was my main reason for the change. I do have to run 1/2 to 3/4 plate now, where before I ran 0 to 1/2 depending on the amount of ballast to keep the wake clean. I have 1100 rear & 400 center, and use a spare 750 on the seats if I don't have more than 3 or 4 persons.
    07 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    I just put one on my LSV 07. It sure takes a lot of pressure off the platform when surfing because the platform never touches the water. That was my main reason for the change. I do have to run 1/2 to 3/4 plate now, where before I ran 0 to 1/2 depending on the amount of ballast to keep the wake clean. I have 1100 rear & 400 center, and use a spare 750 on the seats if I don't have more than 3 or 4 persons.
    Why do you have to run 1/2 to 3/4 wake plate with the new platform? (I'm assuming you mean down, so 3/4 down would be almost parallel with the hull)?

Did you just order the platform through your dealer? How long did it take to get?

Also, did you reuse your existing brackets off the old platform, and how did you secure the new platform on? Sorry for the 20 questions....
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Need the plate now because the platform does not drag in the water like the old one did. My old one was actualy acting like the plate to some degree. Atlanta Marine did the install, using existing brackets. They drilled and tapped 4 bolts into the brackets to take the play out. It took 3 weeks for Moomba to ship it. I did call Skiers Choice to make sure it would work before I had them order it.
    07 LSV

I just ordered the surf platform from the new local dealer. Should have in about 3 weeks. Hope it's worth it.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Please post some video of it on the LSV. Love to see what it does.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Need the plate now because the platform does not drag in the water like the old one did. My old one was actualy acting like the plate to some degree. Atlanta Marine did the install, using existing brackets. They drilled and tapped 4 bolts into the brackets to take the play out. It took 3 weeks for Moomba to ship it. I did call Skiers Choice to make sure it would work before I had them order it.
    May I ask how much it ran you? Was it complete with rubrail and padding on the deck or are those separate items that must be added when ordering the platform? I am also thinking about ordering it.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Jeffro, did you order yours with the SS rubrail? I ordered mine without it, since my current platform doesn't have one I didn't figure I'd miss it. And it seems like the screw holes for the rubrail would be a likely suspect for potential water intrusion into the platform.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand