Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tuning help

Default tuning help

love the way the inboat system sounds-nice mix of bass and highs

issue I have is when surfing and the tower speakers are turned up it does not have enough bass

what would be the best way to increase the tower speakers for bass but not effect the incabin portion
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Mount a wireless sub to your surfboard

Quit singing along and drowning it out, try humming
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Daze you don't want bass at the tower, it's their worst enemy. If you add bass at the hu it is applied to all zones. You'd have to adjust the amp crossover frequency at the amp, not good. Problem there is when you turn up the volume to hear at boarding distance or anywhere near you can cause bad things to happen!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Depends on what you mean by bass I suppose. The Exiles are very midbass heavy, assuming you don't have the crossover frequency set too high. Mine have tons of lowend and sound great all by themselves. My xover is set right at 100 hz which the Exiles have no problems with, even at max volume. But if you mean the mirror shaking thump, then the only way is with a sub.

My shoot from the hip guess is that your amp xover is at 125 hz.

I agree with Brain in this one. You can adjust the tower amp but you need to be sure not to over bass the tower speakers.

Ultimately the only way to make bass for a rider to hear and feel is a subwoofer.

This is one reason I went over the top with my sub setup and went to a larger amp this past summer. Surfing is my main passion so I want to make sure the tunes sound great at surf distance too.

I also added a FAE to the boat and man do we love it. You can hear the stereo so much better and no exhaust fumes. Plus the overall sound of the boat is much nicer to me. Just need to get the ACME prop as the OJ vi ration is really noticable now lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    love the way the inboat system sounds-nice mix of bass and highs

issue I have is when surfing and the tower speakers are turned up it does not have enough bass

what would be the best way to increase the tower speakers for bass but not effect the incabin portion
    What do you have on the tower, what are they amp'd with and where is the x-over currently set?

You might be able to cross them over a little lower, but I would recommend backing off the gain a little as well. This may improve the near-field mid-bass a little, but you will loose some of the output at distance.

Brian from exile needs to make a trip to Houston to tune my system!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Brian from exile needs to make a trip to Houston to tune my system!
    He can stop by on his way home from Florida-ha

Guys, what do you mean by "crossover" ?

I only use the tower speakers for surfing-4 Exile's SX65Q's powered by a Exile amp-think its a 800

Mike, been thinking about the fae myself-how hard was it to install ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    He can stop by on his way home from Florida-ha

Guys, what do you mean by "crossover" ?

I only use the tower speakers for surfing-4 Exile's SX65Q's powered by a Exile amp-think its a 800

Mike, been thinking about the fae myself-how hard was it to install ?
    If your running the Exile 800 the cross over is built into the amp, its the other dials next to the Gain with the 40 60 80 100 type numbers on it.

For the FAE it was pretty decent, you get the exhaust part all as one peace, then you have to cut the cross bar to fit inbetween the swimdeck brackets, drill the swim deck brackets to mount the bar. If you deside to get it you can now get the quick relase option so you can remove the swim deck. I got this option as well. I have a bunch of pictures of the work i did. I just never did the write up. A nice side effect is i dont have swim deck slop anylonger lol.

Let me know if you want to go this route. I can use you as a reccomended cutomser to Larry < owner of FAE >
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]