Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default another sad day..

season has officially ended for me
    boat got winterized, washed, waxed and a good detail of the inside and put away for the year. had a crappy season.. 23 hrs on the boat this year. between a late summer and moving/yardwork, didn't have a chance to use it much. goal next year will be to make up for this year....

Thanks to skiers for another season of trouble-free operation. boat started every time and ran like a champ..

sleep tight and see ya next spring.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

never a fun day.. Here in NY.. most of the retired move south about this time of year.. Sure wish I could figured that gig out..
    I need a company 2 corp offices... one in FL...
    Love the Orange..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    had a crappy season.. 23 hrs on the boat this year.
    lets see, i changed my oil during summerization, changed it again two months ago. i change it every 100 hours and I have put about 25 hours on it since i changed it a couple months ago....so that is like 125 hours this season? and when i get home in a couple weeks we still have some riding to do
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    lets see, i changed my oil during summerization, changed it again two months ago. i change it every 100 hours and I have put about 25 hours on it since i changed it a couple months ago....so that is like 125 hours this season? and when i get home in a couple weeks we still have some riding to do
    thanks for rubbin it in....your pi$$$$ me off ........ So why do you change it for summerization, is it not fresh oil from winterization?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    thanks for rubbin it in....your pi$$$$ me off ........ So why do you change it for summerization, is it not fresh oil from winterization?
    i just left it in there during the winter. it wasnt that old. i dont change it when i winterize this year either in case any water condenses in it, ill changer it in the spring and have fresh amzoil 15-40 full syn!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Oil holy war incoming!

Man I cant imagine haveing to not use mine for that long.

My oil war contribution, change your oil at the end of the season-not the begining of it. You dont want that old stuff sitting in there that long.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

there's a reason the dealers change the oil as part of the winterization process here
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Newty and I winterized the old MobiusV yesterday as well - sad day, but at least the sun was shining! Got to talking about the oil change timeframe. Fall/Winter is typically slower for business than spring when everybody's pulling them out and fixing/upgrading getting ready for the season, etc. Starting to wonder if that plays into the "Change it for winterizing" list of reasons to help the dealers with a little more business during their slower season?

However, if I recall I read on the Indmar site that they suggest changing the oil before winter storage and so I went with that as my final vote.

Oh yeah, SandM - clocked 62 hours this summer. That is a new record for me!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

From what I have always been told was to change the oil out at the end of the season, some of the reasons being the oil at the end of the season has been used and is breaking down and if left sitting over the winter is forming acids and sludge which seem to be bad... so if you put nice new oil in there for the winter storage it reduces the chances of sludge and acid issues... maybe it's all hokum but it makes sense to me
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V