Default Indmar 340 cat winterizing video

This is a V drive winterization video. It gives you an idea of what is involved. With cabs winterization thread, the oil change video and the impeller removal video everything but ballast system winterizing is covered. Let me know what you think. I believe the video is about 8 minutes long. I tried to make it less boring!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1iync4Pz1g

Last edited by DOCDRS; 10-13-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Good Video DOCDRS. Thank you!

The one item that I have never done in four years of DIY winterizering is the dripless shaft seal blowout. I thought those gravity drained when the boat is taken out of the water and the rest of the system is drained. Have I just been lucky that I haven't had a problem ? I have a 07 LS (DD).....maybe it is different on a Vdrive?
    2007 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
    Good Video DOCDRS. Thank you!

The one item that I have never done in four years of DIY winterizering is the dripless shaft seal blowout. I thought those gravity drained when the boat is taken out of the water and the rest of the system is drained. Have I just been lucky that I haven't had a problem ? I have a 07 LS (DD).....maybe it is different on a Vdrive?
    The dripless is self draining, you don"t have to blow it out. On the 09's they routed the cooling from the exhaust quick drain connect, which is too hot of water. I rerouted mine to a cooler supply and capped the old hose off with that shut off valve.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

On my 325 assault, there is a water hose ( I think) that goes in the transmission to cooler it ( I think). Is there something to do to drain the water from there? In every winterizing thread, nobody seems to drain the water from the transmission.....
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,

This is the hose that cools your dripless driveshaft seal. When you remove your impeller or hoses off the impeller housing your transmission cooler will drain. Then lift the hose running from the cooler to the shaft seal so any remaining water in that hose will drain out the shaft seal.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    This is the hose that cools your dripless driveshaft seal. When you remove your impeller or hoses off the impeller housing your transmission cooler will drain. Then lift the hose running from the cooler to the shaft seal so any remaining water in that hose will drain out the shaft seal.
    Ok so if I understand there is no water that goes in the transmission.........I can see two hose that goes from the transmission to the big hose near the waterpump ( is it the trans cooler?). So what is there in those hoses? I tough it was water but it is probably oil......
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,

Quote Originally Posted by hans View Post
    Ok so if I understand there is no water that goes in the transmission.........I can see two hose that goes from the transmission to the big hose near the waterpump ( is it the trans cooler?). So what is there in those hoses? I tough it was water but it is probably oil......
    I think the smaller lines/hoses you are referring to are trans fluid lines going to the trans cooler.

The large hose (1-1/4") is water that passes through the trans cooler.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there