Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

bret, In what part of the country are you located?
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Wisconsin, but it sure doesn't feel like it - had a hot streak of almost 80 degree days this weekend. Too bad I got the boat out of the water over a month ago!
    2000 Mobius V

Come on Bret I have put 5 hours on sunday afternoon and monday night.

Where are you at anyhow? I am up in Appleton.
    Last edited by New Guy; 10-11-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

We don't live right next to where the boat is kept (and don't have a good tow vehicle yet) so we take it out early.
    2000 Mobius V

In our ever ongoing discussion on upgrading our boat (thanks to all those who have helped) We are thinking of possibly going manual this year and saving some $ (Possibly go auto next year) I am only riding center and front in my friends X boat which would only be manually filling the center bag. If we surfed, we would just load up the rear left we bought. However, if I do decide to ride with rear ballast does anyone have any suggestions at getting them equal (besides eye balling it) I feel like if you don't get it exact, it is a pain to let some out of one side or the other. Has anyone tried a 1 to 2 port car adapter with two manual pumps and put them in the water at the same time?
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Ryan,

Not sure how your model boat is set up, but another idea for running two pumps at once might be to convert the rear navigation light plug (I have one on the Driver's side) to a 12v/cigarette lighter recepticle and use that for the starboard rear while you use the one in the glovebox for the poart rear.

I think you are looking to add a tower, so you would mount your white navigation light up there.

Ryan, I sent you a PM. I like my aerator setup but would definitely go reversible if starting from scratch. I also think you should let wakemakers and this forum help you through the install yourself!

I went aerator and I wish that I went reversible. I am actually thinking of yanking all my aerators and going reversible over winter.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Buy New Guys old stuff on the cheap!

I'm not sure what the total cost differential is between the two systems, but you may want to also consider how long you plan to keep the boat. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you'll get your money back out of either system when you go to sell the boat. Your ballast system may set your boat apart from a comparable one for a potential buyer but I doubt they would pay any more. The hand held/manual system has it drawbacks, but the biggest advantage is that you can take the pumps & bags with you and use on your new boat!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Ryan,

Not sure how your model boat is set up, but another idea for running two pumps at once might be to convert the rear navigation light plug (I have one on the Driver's side) to a 12v/cigarette lighter recepticle and use that for the starboard rear while you use the one in the glovebox for the poart rear.

I think you are looking to add a tower, so you would mount your white navigation light up there.
    I did this upgrade and its was a no brainer, its awesome to fill air rafts and other things too.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]