Hey everyone, I got a 2000 mobius V at a dealership and want to add ballast. We are adding a 3 bag system, but one thing we haven't decided on yet is aerator or reversible pumps. The 3 reversible pumps are $220 a pop, whereas an aerator pump (the 800 GPH not the 1200) is only $30. The dealership is more familiar with and recommends the reversible pump. I have a friend who has used both, and recommends the aerator pumps because they are easier to winterize, you can't break them running them dry, and replacing them is only $30. The downside is you have to run more plumbing because they require two pumps vs. only one.

I'm a little hesitant to go with the aerator especially if the dealer isn't used to installing that kind of system, they also made the comment that the aerator style is an older style of ballast. On the other hand I don't want to get something that is going to cost me more money in the future - I'd like to be able to winterize the boat myself and I'm not that mechanically inclined (the whole reason why I'm not installing the ballast).

I've been talking privately to a few people on the forums, but would appreciate if anyone else has an opinion.

Thanks everyone!