Default Weight in the opposite side - I'm a believer!

It's not that I don't trust you guys, but I was a little skeptical whenever I heard people running weight in the opposite side to get more push. But after today I'm a believer!

When we switched from wakeboarding to surfing this morning, my driver filled the surf side bag all the way but forgot to drain the other side. So we had 1100 on the surf side, ~500 lbs in the opposite locker, and 400 in the center. WOW... the wave was huge and there was so much push I was actually leaning away from the boat. I could drop way back in the wave and easily catch back up.

Next time I'm going to see if I can stretch the wave even more with the IBS full.

So "thanks" and I'll listen sooner next time.

I think it helps to just get the whole back of the boat burried. You just have to make sure you have some lean to your surf side.

Glad it worked out!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

pics pics pics
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

vids vids vids...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

If you already have your wave dialed then adding the opposite side weight does help with a little more push. Makes sense because having the back of the boat deeper displaces more water.

Me and Al kept telling you all LOl.

I have vids of Al and several pics of my wave in the surf section. I know sometimes it sounds like im BSing you all but really im not LOL. Yall are my favorite terds i would S**t ya lol.

The reason it works so well is the LSV hull isnt designed as a Surf hull, its a Wakeboard hull. When you weight the corner and the nose you pull the opposite sode out of the water basically, and this creates a wave but the wall of the wave is weak.

Sinking the entire back of the boat into the water allows the wall of the wave to have more power or Push and this is why you like it so much more.

Its truly not the size of your wave its the PUSH that makes to free rope.

Heres my thread.

When i went to Cali a couple months ago i basically went to Boat Surfing school and got a degree on how to set the wave, what to look for, and what to expect when on the wave. I dont want to push my findings on you all because a lot of you have been surfing a lot longer then me. But i went and spent time with not only some Pros but also people who know how to really dial a boat in for surfing. Why the wave has to look a certain way, what happens when the wave is off, why its off, how to fix it, all sorts of things.

Then when i came back from Cali i instantly can free rope almost any board i have tried in my weight range and when im on my wave i now know when to tell the driver to slow down, or speed up, add wake plate or take it away because i can now feel the wave and i know what i want to feel when im ridding.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....&daysprune=100

If i could get the pictures from LBC from my buddy i could show you the wave dialed completly in. Wicked fun to ride and it wears your rear leg out because you spend so much time breaking. Its a fast wave and if someone has some skills its got enough push and power to allow jumps and spins. Thats my goal next year.
    Last edited by mmandley; 10-07-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]