Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Hey guys, just as kaneboats mentioned, the company is doing their best to rectify the situation. I spoke with Brenda on Friday, and they've acknowledged the issue with the application directions. Apparently these were the first decals of this type and size that they've sent out, and the common instructions don't apply. She said follow the initial directions of cleaning the surface well, then fill a spray bottle with water and one tablespoon of johnson and johnson baby soap. Align the decals (she says alignment tabs are computer generated and spot on, maybe some shifting in shipment or something) Then apply one letter at a time, using a generous amount of the spray solution to both the boat surface and the back of the decals. Then, use a squeegee of sorts to apply decal, working from one side to the other. She said to bend the letter a bit so that not all of the decal is placed against the boat at the same time.

The company is adamant about backing their products, and hopefully with the alternate instructions these things turn our real nice. Personally, I think I'm going to head up to my local vinyl sign shop and see about paying a professional to install the side decals when the time comes.
    Brandon

2000 Moomba Outback LS
    2001 American Skier LazAir Edition
    1991 Ski Tastic Inboard

I have a suggestion for you. They may have the letters "spaced evenly" but that is not how the Moomba logo looks. Have someone with artistic ability help you with the spacing. "Spot on" looks like crap as the letters are too far apart. It looks like a kid printing in all caps. Look at the name at the top of this page and you will see how close together the letters actually are. Even in a bigger size they should be much closer. I don't know what kind of template they used but it needs some artistic help.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keehr22 View Post
    ... then fill a spray bottle with water and one tablespoon of johnson and johnson baby soap.
    That's what I've used for tinting windows and applying stickers for over 15 years... Initial placement will let you move it around and position it as necessary, and then you just squeegee the bubbles out. Just make sure you let it dry for a day or 2 before putting any pressure on it, or in your case, dipping it in the lake.
    Last edited by rc5695; 02-21-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: clarification
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

kaneboats, I see what you mean now, I initially thought that you meant they weren't aligned at all using the tabs. I'll definitely shorten up the gap between letters.

The manufacturer also said to give them a good week for the adhesive to cure prior to dunking in the lake.
    Brandon

2000 Moomba Outback LS
    2001 American Skier LazAir Edition
    1991 Ski Tastic Inboard

So when are you going to share these new instructions?
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Well, as soon as I get anything from them I'll post it up.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Allright, I received the replacement letters for the one side. It looks like they have now moved the little alignment squares closer to each letter to tighten up the spacing so the letters are not so far apart (of course now they would not match the other side). They also changed the front side transfer tape to a thinner type that resembles wax paper. But, there were no instructions included. I'm not sure what to do at this point. If I attempt an installation and anything goes wrong I have no expectation that they would ship me more of these. Also, I have no idea how to make the two sides match. So, if anyone is interested in a set of these for cheap and is a good installer or wants to have a pro do it, please send me a PM.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I vote you strip and go naked.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

There ya go makin this thread feel dirty too...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I put my new registration #'s on and decided to go ahead and add my "LSV" at the back because I finished the new stripe and my new silvery Roo decals came in. This is what it looks like on each side at the back now:

The flash makes the roo look white but he's actually a shiny silver that's not quite chrome. In sunlight he looks great against the black stripe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!