Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Opinions on decal updates

2011-06-08_12-19-43_65 - Copy.jpg

So we're making a list of our winter projects for the boat, and besides the 1st priority of replacing the motor, 2nd up is new decals. Posting a pic of our Moomba, black and off white gel coat. We'd like to update the looks some, without going too radical (wraps are a no go with the wife).

The newer style factory decals are silver and bright white, which I don't think will match well with the off white gel coat. So, I've found a place that will re-create the moomba chrome decals for approx $225, much more reasonable than the $500 I'm hearing from dealerships. But we're not completely sold on the simple chrome lettering.

Does anyone have any other ideas, or pictures of custom Moomba decals installed?

Below is the new tower with bimini I ordered several months ago, can't wait to get it put on!

BT-FRBIM-BK-8.jpg
    BT-FRRCKBBASE-BK-1.jpg

Uh, could always go naked! That and that new tower would leave a lot of guys wondering how old your boat really is...

Sometimes less is more.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Uh, could always go naked!
    Sometimes less is more.
    second that
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yeah I definitely think updating decals can make a boat look much newer. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the naked look, on most boats it doesn't seem 'finished' to me, maybe different once I have the tower on. I also thought of just doing vinyl "Moomba" lettering in that gold/copper color of the accent decals, rather than the 3d style chrome lettering.

Had custom decals made for our American Skier a couple years ago, turned out pretty good, definitely updated it from the old 90's style factory look!
    skier.jpg

What's up with the motor??? Blown up?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Yep, blown head, and cracked manifold, motor seized. Happened during first hour of use after buying; existing condition from previous seller, or crazy coincidence.

Where did you find to re-create the chrome decals?

I had TUFF Labels come up with a quote to re-create the chrome lettering. They are in the process of sending me a sample, to see the final product prior to ordering. So far they've been very outgoing and professional, and I haven't spent a dime yet. The quote was approx. $225, that's for both sides. Working on getting an additional quote for transom decal.

When the sample gets in I'll see about putting a picture up on here, at nearly half the price of ordering from the dealership I think there may be some interest.

Quote Originally Posted by keehr22 View Post
    When the sample gets in I'll see about putting a picture up on here, at nearly half the price of ordering from the dealership I think there may be some interest.
    Oh, yeah! Maybe a discount too based on the number of sets ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Oh, yeah! Maybe a discount too based on the number of sets ordered?
    Exactly! The factory chrome Moomba letters are on the winter group buy to-do list, but if you can get aftermarket for much cheaper that would be awesome.