Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perfect Pass Cruise Install

I got my Perfect Pass system in the mail yesterday. Installing the Simple Cruise system on my 2005 Outback with the 310 Assault Carb Engine. I was surprised at how simple the install appears to be. Will see how it works out in reality... Also I thought I would mention that it appears to be same cost or slightly cheaper? to buy this system and then later upgrade to Stargazer. Basically it's plug and play to swap out the controller board and then add the multi-line display and GPS puck. I plan to take some pics of the install in case it's helpful to others thinking of installing a perfect pass system on a mechanically controlled engine.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Default Pics of Simple Cruise Install Kit

I have attached a couple pics of the major components for the Perfect Pass Simple Cruise installation kit. They are arranged from left to right generally in order of installation. Almost all of this is plug and play which surprised me. The only somewhat difficult part is going to be attaching the servo motor to the throttle linkage. Even so it looks fairly straightforward. One thing I would add is that is does not appear that very much of this kit or the additional components to go to Stargazer is specific to a Moomba. One exception might be the attachment to the linkage.

From left to right the components are: Servo Motor which controls throttle linkage, servo motor wiring harness which attaches to master module tucked under driver's side dash, rpm wiring harness which goes from master module to tach, power harness which goes from master module to power source (I plan to run mine off the back of the speedo), and the 2 inch dash control switch.

The first 2 items on the left remain if going to the Stargazer upgrade so it literally is plug and play for the upgrade. I will document the installation process so it's available to anyone who is looking to upgrade a late Model Moomba to include Perfect Pass Simple Cruise. I will likely go the rest of the way to Stargazer in the coming months as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PatL; 03-12-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Pretty cool Pat keep it up man. I do hope to upgrade someday to this type of system LOL. Prolly This time next year
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Update on Perfect Pass Simple Cruise Install...

I knocked out the install today with very few issues. I will get some pics of the throttle linkage hookup and location of master module in the next couple of days. Found it difficult to snap pics, drink beer, and complete install at the same time (need to work on that...). I'm with Ed that Stargazer is definitely the way to go for anyone wakeboarding or wakesurfing (capability for speed based control vs. RPM based control). I know this basic install will not meet those requirements. However it's a short road to Stargazer from here...I do not consider myself very mechancially inclined but this was pretty easy. It's gettn to mid 60s in Maryland so will probably splash the boat for shakedown run next weekend.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

One issue I had when I installed my Perfect Pass was with the servo motor cable to the throttle linkage. My PP was acting weird and not responding correctly. It turns out that the cable was geting caught under the edge of the fiberglass spark arrestor cover piece (I have the Assault 320 TBI) and was hanging up. A quick hit with a jig saw, adn I haven't had a problem since.

Brian that's good info on the engine shroud I appreciate it...And mmandley I'd take your list of stereo mods over my wimpy perfect pass install any day. I will probably hit you guys up for some advice this year on upgrading my sound system. I'd really like to get full use of my db651s and some Ipod connectivity.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Default $

If you don't mind Patl how much did the whole thing cost you and did you get it from PP direct?
    Matt Glenn

Matt I don't mind $675 it's right on the website.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Default Updated pics of simple cruise perfect pass install

Okay I've attached some pics of the servo motor install and the guage install. Put some more details with each pic over on the album. Hope this is helpful for anyone thinking about a servo motor install on a late model Moomba...really was not that tough to do. Took me about an hour total including beer consumption etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Just wanted to pass along I made the jump to Star Gazer a couple weeks back. Really simple to install once you have the servo motor already on the boat. No comparison between that capability and the simple cruise I put on in the spring. Haven't tried the wakeboard mode yet but the smart timing in the slalom course is spot on with single magnet on each end of the slalom course.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland