Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bad Cole Hersee Ignition Switch #95060

Anyone else have issues with their ignition switch? It started the year off ok but slowly it would not make contact with the ignition system (red light on) but it would always turn the starter over. Yesterday we were heading out to the slalom course and it finally got us. No amount of wiggling and twisting it in weird ways would make it work. In the old days it was easy to hot wire the boat, this time it would still be easy if you wanted to cut into the nice harness, but I didn't want to make a mess. (Besides it was cold out 56F.)
    Time to call Pamana City Marine and see what the price is and how do you get one with the same key.

You are better off getting a new ignition switch. It's really hard to make duplicate keys with this one.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

go custom, hidden master switch, replace the ignition key switch with a push button start and and add a togle switch to shut her down
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You are better off getting a new ignition switch. It's really hard to make duplicate keys with this one.
    I intend on getting a new switch but the problem is with the keys. If I can get the same switch and tumbler then I can use one key for glovebox and every where else the original key fits. With a new ignition and a new key now I have to carry 2 different keys, althought I have never used the key for anything else and not really sure what else it is used on? Glove box, Fuel cap?

$10 generic @ autozone!!
    I lost my keys one weekend and insisted on using the boat so I ran down to Autozone and got a cheap 3 position ignition.. 3 wires and I was in business..

didn't ever think or notice that my glove compartment and ignition were the same on my 06.. but I have never locked my glove box either so .. and had several keys on floating key ring.. (trailer, hitch, etc) so never worried about more than 1 key.. plus the cheap ignition switch came with 5 keys...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

After calling around town and having people tell me they could order it and seeing prices like 58 dollars I decided to call Atlanta Marine. After speaking with Heidi and Cindy I now have a ignition switch on the way, cost 26.99.
    I encourage anyone here if they need a part and they want to speak to the nicest, sweetest parts people in the business call Cindy or Heidi!

Amanda Knox is FREE!!!

On my 06, the glove box and ignition are two different keys and there is nothing else that the ignition key is used for.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I'm pretty sure I have two keys as well. Never tried the glove box one. Maybe zegm keeps his gator-evator in there though so wants it locked up.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have two keys as well. Never tried the glove box one. Maybe zegm keeps his gator-evator in there though so wants it locked up.
    No when I did take the evator it always sat at my feet in a plastic case. But since gators seem to have gone under cover (the last 2 years) I just leave it at home now. No the glove box is where all the I-phones are kept now.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    go custom, hidden master switch, replace the ignition key switch with a push button start and and add a togle switch to shut her down
    If I ever need to replace my ignition switch, that is exactly what I will do except use a double-pole-double-throw switch with a momentary side and a toggle side - use the momentary side like a push-button and the toggle side for shut-down - and, yes, have a hidden master toggle switch (or simple key switch) that can remove power from the other switch - my cruiser has these and it is very nice to not need to worry about keys.
    Richard (LakePerson1952)
    2010 Moomba Outback - Loving it!