Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Skiing / Snowboarding

Alright guys lets face it. The season is changing. The warm 80, 90, 100 degree weather is slowly dwindling away (at least in the South East region) and the water temperature is quite cold to get in now comfortably (but still do-able... ).. But even though this sad time is come to think about when we should winterize the boat after that last visit down the lake to see the leaves changing, lets not forget the new upcoming season ahead of us, the snow!!! How many snowboarders/skiers do we have on the forum?! Thinking it might be a good thing to start a picture thread when time comes and snow's on the ground to keep everyone active in the Moomba community!

So, how many skiers/snowboarders do we have?! Where do you plan on going this year to ski/board? Last year was my first year out west at Crested Butte, and man I have to say. That was absolutely amazing. (Us East coasters are used to big hills and a couple of turns!)

Post up about your upcoming trips/past trips! See if this can go somewhere!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Went To steamboat last year Cat skiing, unbelievable, still on the fence about this years trip. otherwise small local hills here in NY
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yup, I ski and snowboard. My local mountain is Mt Hood. Went there exclusively last season, got about 20 days in. Used to live in CO (5 yrs ago) and the Summit County resorts are amazing, but definitely draws a crows. Mt Hood is more old school by comparison - smaller, less crowded - but gets twice the snow (or so it seems). Problem is we have to deal with rain some days in the middle of winter.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Been skiing for about 5 years and have decided to try snowboarding. Just bought a 2009/10 Operator with 2012 Burton Moto boots. Hopefully the learning curve isn't too steep with my wakeboarding background. Bought a season pass at the local hill in town. Its no Summit County, with only a 800 foot drop.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Yup, I ski and snowboard. My local mountain is Mt Hood. Went there exclusively last season, got about 20 days in. Used to live in CO (5 yrs ago) and the Summit County resorts are amazing, but definitely draws a crows. Mt Hood is more old school by comparison - smaller, less crowded - but gets twice the snow (or so it seems). Problem is we have to deal with rain some days in the middle of winter.
    Summitt County is great, lots to choose from as well.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_8099 View Post
    Been skiing for about 5 years and have decided to try snowboarding. Just bought a 2009/10 Operator with 2012 Burton Moto boots. Hopefully the learning curve isn't too steep with my wakeboarding background. Bought a season pass at the local hill in town. Its no Summit County, with only a 800 foot drop.
    I wakeboarded before I decided to get into snowboarding and it worked out pretty well. I took lessons and the person who taught me told me that normally, students didn't get to the stage I was at by the end of the lesson. It's mostly the balance and learning to steer. Of course, I will admit I had a few runaway moments taking off down the hill, not knowing how to stop. :P Took the GoPro last year and got me taking out my friends mom on video. THAT was hilarious!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    small local hills here in NY
    jm - Small? Hills? C'mon. In New York you got Whiteface and Hunter. Those are mountains. In fact, the 3,200' vertical at Whiteface nearly equals or surpasses the vertical at Steamboat, Sun Valley, Mt. Bachelor, Vail, Breckenridge, Winter Park, and Deer Valley to name a few. For real hills you gotta come to the Midwest and ski Wilmot with its vertical drop of 230 feet. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Tried to learn Snowboard 2 years ago.. not even close to wakeboarding.. So it was back to skis last year... Bristol Mtn is 20 minutes away and plenty fine for a southerner held above enemy lines...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I started snow boarding before I started wakeboarding which is odd since I'm from Texas. We skipped last year but the year before I went to winter park with my sister and her fiancé. Had a blast, that place is amazing. This year we are planning a trip to angel fire in new Mexico. Since it is my girls first time and she is not confident she will have fun she did not want to spend the change on a Colorado mountain. Maybe next year after she finds out how fun it is
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    jm - Small? Hills? C'mon. In New York you got Whiteface and Hunter. Those are mountains. In fact, the 3,200' vertical at Whiteface nearly equals or surpasses the vertical at Steamboat, Sun Valley, Mt. Bachelor, Vail, Breckenridge, Winter Park, and Deer Valley to name a few. For real hills you gotta come to the Midwest and ski Wilmot with its vertical drop of 230 feet. - Deerfield
    if i am to drive to whiteface or hunter. I will go to killington. We do about 900 vert in central ny. I will have to catch up with brad on the hills this season at bristol.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold