Thread: MPH, Fuel Gauge

Default MPH, Fuel Gauge

My Left side MPH has just gone out, and now my fuel gauge has failed. When I turn the key to the on position, the MPH goes directly 2k MPH, when I place the boat in gear, the MPH will spin and then drop to Zero and no longer move. My fuel guage marks full when the key is on and move to the actual measurement when the key is turned off?
    It's a 2001 Mobius...should I replace them or would it be worth taking in and waiting 10wks while they are sent back to SC? If I replace them...where's a good website to them??

Default Replying to Topic 'MPH, Fuel Gauge'

Wakesurfer 1,

On my 02 there was a wire loose on the back of the fuel guage. After I readjusted to wire it seems to be working much better. Try that on both and see.

Good luck.

Default Replying to Topic 'MPH, Fuel Gauge'

qb12...thanks...I've looked underneath a few times and didn't notice anything loose on the gauge..but the circuit board..Now that's an issue...and now that i have spent a few hours looking thru all these replies from the past...I'm not in the only one having issues...my circuit board come apart...and a few other things like having a bit to much water in the engine compartment. Looks like I'll need to spend a few hours under the hood ( so to speak) and try to resove these issues one at time...it's in a marina and a bit of a pain to take out and take to the dealer ....thanks again for you help.