Thread: When to sell??

Default When to sell??

I have an 02 LSV that I bought two years ago. I did all the stereo, PP, and ballast. We just turned over 800hrs on it this year 240 of which I put on. It has been great to me maintenance and mechanically wise. I'm nervous that if i keep putting the hours on that I am it will depreciate really fast at that 1000hr mark. I want to go to something a little bigger with more freeboard.

Thoughts ideas ect.

Thanks Guys.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Usually, it is best to sell in the Spring. People getting over winter want to buy then. Of course, as the season ends, people try to sell. IMO, if you price your boat at the "right" price, it will sell anytime. Based on your location, I doubt a lot of people are looking when the ground is white and the lakes are solid.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I know that winter is going to be a tough time to sell.

I was more referring to when did you decide to upgrade? What all factored into your decision.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I agree with MaxPower. In our neck of the woods Spring is when everybody gets the itch. First few days of 70 degree weather and all the boats, convertibles, and motorcycles start appearing everywhere... I'd have it listed by Memorial Weekend at the LATEST.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    What all factored into your decision.
    When I ran out of room in the boat.

When I sold my last boat it was March, it had around a 1000 hours on it, it was a DD and I have 6 grandsons. Four of them boat regularly and it was just too cramped in the boat for my wife and I, in fact it was her idea. I had an ex-coworker that wanted it bad, so bad that he bugged me every month so to sell and after the fouth time she said sell it to him and we bought the Moomba 1 1/2 weeks later off the dealer lot.

Hours are not a factor imo on a well maintained boat, they'll go well over 2000 if taken care of. Btw I made money on my boat, it's all in timing and luck if you ask me.
    2007 Mobius LSV

In the spring, go to the boat shows with your boat in tow and a For Sale sign. If people aren't happy with the new boat prices, they will see a good used boat for for much less. I sold an RV at an RV show that way for a decent price. Good luck on your sale.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    ... I was more referring to when did you decide to upgrade? What all factored into your decision.
    If the boat is no longer meeting your needs it is time to sell. I'm not one who "needs" to sell often and generally if I was ever happy with a boat and my situation has not changed then I am still happy with it. I tend top keep them until they flat wear out.
    Richard (LakePerson1952)
    2010 Moomba Outback - Loving it!

It's hard to know when you are going to get the flu or have a toothache. In the same way, it's hard to know when "New Boat Itch" is going to attack. When it does, the symptoms allow you to tell yourself and family members how your current boat no longer meets your needs or is no longer reliable. The only cure is the purchase of a different boat; one that does meet whatever needs you can conjure up. Some are very quick to be cured with only one trip to the dealer, but others drag this out over several months.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier