Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Wakeboard / Kneeboard racks

Anyone here have experience with DIYWake vs. Monster Tower racks? Probably going to end up with a monster tower MT1, but I can save about $160 with racks from DIYWake vs. Monster Tower.

Monster tower racks:
    http://shop.monstertower.com/c-4-tower-racks.aspx

DIYWake racks:
    http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=614
    http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=576

Thanks in advance!
    2000 Mobius V

haven't personally owned either, but saw moombadaze's Monster swivel racks up close last weekend and thoughtthey were fantastic.

If you are buying a tower, ask them to throw in the racks or sell them for a discounted price.

FWIW, I have Monster racks and like them.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Thanks for the responses so far! The dealership will actually order from monster tower, so I won't try to pressure them to cut us any deals, however I know monster tower ran a 15% sale at the end of August but I missed ordering the equipment. If they run another sale it might be an instant buy.

We don't have to get the racks quite yet, I'll continue looking for reviews online.
    2000 Mobius V

I have some Monster Tower racks, both waterski and wakeboard. I had the MT1 on my old boat and kept a few racks when I sold it. The quality is top notch. The quick release is great and also allows for infinate horizontal adjustment. No experience with the DYI rack but their speaker clamps are good.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far! The dealership will actually order from monster tower, so I won't try to pressure them to cut us any deals, however I know monster tower ran a 15% sale at the end of August but I missed ordering the equipment. If they run another sale it might be an instant buy.

We don't have to get the racks quite yet, I'll continue looking for reviews online.
    Just out of curiosity, what is the dealership qouting you for the tower? I'm assuming you are going through them for install reasons? Have they installed towers before?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

love my Monster tower pivoting racks-smoth, quite, and affordable compared to others

Had a diy wake rack for kneeboards-nice rack, nothing fancy, would hold 2 surfboards if needed. Kaneboats has it now
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Just put on two of the Bullet Lines (Krypt?) Kneeboard/Wakeboard racks this summer. On sale and pricewise I couldn't beat them anywhere else. $258 for both, shipped. So far they've performed quite well. Nothing fancy though - just basic racks that hold a lot of gear... If you have the time, watch their sales, get on their mailing list - I picked them up damn near two for the price of one.

The ones mounted on top --- usually have a kneeboard on the left side by the yellow surfboard but the kids may have been playing with it. Kneeboards fit great - could probably stack surfboards as the bigger jaws are about 4" wide.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is the dealership qouting you for the tower? I'm assuming you are going through them for install reasons? Have they installed towers before?
    I own half of this boat...They are quoting us pretty much what Monster has on their website, free shipping though. Monster Tower's MT1 rack that we are planning on going with is $999. Yup, we are having them install because we don't want to/don't trust ourselves and they only charge $300 which we thought was reasonable. I would imagine they do this often, but you're right we should make sure they know what the heck they are doing. Hoping Monster runs a fall sale soon so we can save a bit more.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

I have one great shape kneeboard/ surfboard rack for sale cheap. Take a peak.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....urf-board-rack
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold