Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    newwave1 Guest

Red face need new trailer 2007 mobius lsv

I have a 2007 mobius lsv, the painted single axle trailer is nearly rusted in half, the boat has been used in brakish water. I just got a quote from my dealer where I purchased the boat from new. For a galvanized single axle basic trailer the total amount is $5,000 includes taxes, title etc., I checked some older post and they say about $3,500 for a new trailer. This sounds like a lot to spend on a new trailer.
    thanks

send a PM to TL7, he just bought an all aluminum trailer to run in brackish, tandem axle and all.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

2nd the vote for a aluminum trailer option
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

newwave1 Guest

thanks, I'll do that.

newwave1 Guest

thanks, I'll also see if Boatmate sells aluminum trailers.

Newwave - sent you a PM. Mine's all aluminum and I absolutely love the way it tows in comparison to my single axle Boatmate I had. Ironically, I found a new spot that is fresh water but still good to have for peace of mind if I do go to the brackish water once in a while.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

There are several outfits in FL that do aluminum trailers. One in Panama City, one in Vero Beach, one in Ocala and at least one near Tampa. Can't remember which ones do inboard trailers but there were a couple when I checked a few years ago. This kind may end up being closer though:

http://www.loadrite.com/SkiBoatInboardTrailers.php
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

newwave1 Guest

wow, nice boat and trailer. I never liked my single axle, didn't fill safe and looked like too much weight on only one set of tires. thanks

Does boatmate sell direct? OR Loadrite? I searched the dealer listing and nothing in my area for the alluminum option?

Here's a response I FINALLY received after HOUNDING my SC dealer:
    The attachment is a spec sheet of an SLIB40TB Shorlandr' Trailer. It will fit your Moomba, the price is $4,250.00. This trailer has brakes on only one axle, if you want brakes on both axles just add $300.00 to the price. Seems high?

Still don't know if they can trade, or have something on the lot that they would sell?
    Probably won't know that for another month they way they return calls/emails?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

If those guys had any brains they would be selling you a new trailer WITH A BOAT ON IT! The better dealers sell boats to people all the time who go in looking for something else. Drew's neighbor went in looking for what, a ballast pump or something? He dropped 120k on a new Malibu. Now that's not everyone but the good ones know how to make folks feel welcome.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!